4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Everything look ok?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 10:22 PM
astaticwinter

Default Everything look ok?

So, I've had my '02 GT for about two weeks...finally starting to order a few things for it, getting it cleaned up, doing some work on it, etc.

I was outside replacing a few fuses and trying to get the CAI out so I could clean the rust off it...trying to figure out which CAI it is. Did some research, and I'm thinking it's a Mac. There are some stickers in the engine bay that I'm taking off, one being a Mac sticker, so it makes sense.

Something else though...there are BBK stickers...as far as I know, all the car had on it when I bought it was the CAI, and a Magnaflow catback exhaust, non-Magnapack. It's all getting replaced eventully, but I was thinking...what else could be BBK on my car right now? Nothing else looks aftermarket to me...any thoughts? Anything little and out of the way BBK makes that I might be missing?

Here are some pics of my engine bay...do the pulleys look fine? The crank pulley seems weird...maybe there's a set of BBK UDP's on it?

Thanks a lot guys...any help is appriciated.

-TJ
Old 01-22-2007, 10:55 PM
Rusmisel01GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Everything look ok?

BBK also makes CAI, but i dont know if theres UDP there or not.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:59 PM
sitnlopro99gt
4th Gear Member

That looks to be all stock and that isa mac cai...let the mod bug begin goodluck.
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

how about your motor i see numbers on it? junk yard?
astaticwinter

Hmm..yeah, I noticed that too. If the CAI is BBK, than what's Mac on the car? Works both ways, haha.

Main reason I think there might be pulleys is that there seems to be two pulleys on the crank, and only the back one has the belt...and only the front one is rusted. Seems odd that one would rust and the other wouldnt.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:13 PM
SmallFeesh
3rd Gear Member

Being it looks to be not the originall motor with the numbers written on it it may be a crank pulley from a different motor... mabey the originall, or the other pulleys are from the originall motor... either way with the numbers written on the block I can guarantee that is NOT the originall motor! As for the stickers... the guy probably just likes stickers! lol... lots of people like stickers! I should know! I sell LOTS of em'!

but the pulleys look stock to me!
Old 01-22-2007, 11:19 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Numbers on the block also tell me that it's not the original motor, obviously it appears to have been a stock item somewhere.

As for the pulleys, use your heads people! LOL, that is a piggyback underdrive crank pulley. Probably March/BBK underdrive pulleys. That engine looks way too 'fresh' to be the original motor, unless you like to spend a lot of time detailing your engine. Also, behind your strut towers, there is rust on the fenders? I'd look the car over good, she might've blown a motor & been in a little accident. That's an ODD place for an 02 GT to rust..
Old 01-22-2007, 11:31 PM
astaticwinter

Hmmm...perfect[sm=smiley13.gif] The carfax was clean when I bought it...dealer failed to mention this I suppose.

I was looking to replace the pulleys anyway, with maybe a Steeda set, I think they're the straight up replacements, not the piggybacks.

Should I hold off on modding, maybe bring it to a Ford dealer and get a little inspection from their service dept? I know there's no warranty, but I'd pay a little out of pocket for some peace of mind.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:39 PM
handyandy
4th Gear Member

Yea, thats a Mac cai for sure...I think.... check out mine. And I have steeda pulleys that you can compare to to make sure. I got a few suprises after I bought my car too. I loved it. I thought it was all stock haha.

CAI:

Pulleys:

Old 01-22-2007, 11:42 PM
Stang0005
1st Gear Member

i havent read the other post but to me it looks like those are piggy back pullys and i know bbk has them. i have steeda so they are non piggy back.