4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

how can i beat him????

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 11:33 PM
Timber
1st Gear Member

Default RE: how can i beat him????

ORIGINAL: therapist

so if i go with a 75 shot, i dont need to have it tuned at all? cuz that would be a lot of money saved and i actually have no clue where i would get it tuned. there are other ways i could spend that money to make up the 25.
Yes, according to the instructions included in my Zex kit.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:08 AM
therapist
1st Gear Member

can i run a nitrous kit with just what comes in the like 600 buck kit from americanmuscle? how does it kno when to spray if i dont get the rpm window switch? basically what do i NEED to run it at the track without hurting anything to beat this guy. i will buy the accessories like bottle warmer etc. later.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:16 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

is there a way to get a hundred shot on the car for say under 800 bucks? with everything NEEDED to run. cuz then i dont even have to ask my dad for help paying for it.
i have a 125 shot on my hemi ram... its untuned and everything... everything for it cost me roughly 600 new. get a wet shot, you wont be disappointed. make sure you get like a NX hitman wet kit (50-150)... it has jets for up to a 150 shot and as low as a 50. also get a colder range spark plug and also get a tune that will retard your timing alittle. they say 2 degrees for like every 50hp. so i would say about 4 degrees is enough timing to retard. also get a pressure gauge on the bottle. and if you wanna go fancy, get a bottle warmer too to keep the pressure up to make your times more consistant.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:18 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

can i run a nitrous kit with just what comes in the like 600 buck kit from americanmuscle? how does it kno when to spray if i dont get the rpm window switch? basically what do i NEED to run it at the track without hurting anything to beat this guy. i will buy the accessories like bottle warmer etc. later.
get the kit off ebay.. it will be alot cheaper.. i would reccomend going against zex and get the NX, its alittle longer of a install, but its better quality... i have installed a zex in mytruck and i put a nx kit in a friends and i like that one more. my stang will be running a NX when i get time for it
Old 01-26-2007, 01:20 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NX-Ni...QQcmdZViewItem

this is what you want... thats the best price i could find as of now but i have seen the kit sell for around 480-550 brand new.. you just have to look around alittle to find the best deal.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:57 AM
therapist
1st Gear Member

how do kits know when to spray, i'll order the NX kit off ebay maybe tomorrow but does it kno what rpm's to spray at. or to i have to buy an rpm window switch.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:15 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

either you will have a wire running to the tps sensor and it will sense when your at Wide Open Throttle and thats called a WOT switch... or you will have a push button near the shifter that you push. a window switch is pretty expensive but good to have in some situations. but never spray the engine below 2300rpms and also dont bounce it off the rev limiter with the nitrous going in the motor. on a manual car, i would reccomend the push button cuz its alittle safter, for a WOT switch you may like to powershift and that may be bad for the motor.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:35 AM
Timber
1st Gear Member

The Zex kit is part #82023 (I think) for these cars and the kit is $479 on ebay. It comes with everything you need to run a 75 hp shot. It doesn't have a conventional WOT switch, it has a small computer and you tap a wire into the wire coming off your throttle position sensor. When you set it in learn mode you floor the gas (ignition on, engine off) and it takes a voltage reading off the TPS so it learns the voltage at WOT. After that, when you have the arming switch on and floor the car you'll get nitrous.

The kit comes with 100 hp and 125 hp jets but it's not recommended to use those with the stock timing - those require a tune.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:56 AM
therapist
1st Gear Member

k so just makin sure, if i order the zex kit off ebay, it comes with everything necessary to spray a 75 shot without hurting anything,and it comes with that TPS sensor thing too?
Old 01-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Timber
1st Gear Member

k so just makin sure, if i order the zex kit off ebay, it comes with everything necessary to spray a 75 shot without hurting anything,and it comes with that TPS sensor thing too?
Sort of. An rpm window switch is a good safety measure but as long as you don't floor it below 2500 rpm with the system armed you'll get the same effect. But yes, it's ready to go with everything except the window switch.

Quick Reply: how can i beat him????