4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Armor all?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 01:23 AM
Azure
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Armor all?

I 've heard that Armor All wipes actually attract dust, which led me to switch to Meguiars.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:23 AM
stangdude81
2nd Gear Member

The only car I ever used armor all on ended up getting a cracked dash, I didn't use it on the next car and didn't have a problem. It may have been a coincidence, but I like the mequiars stuff better anyway, it seems to last longer and have a lot less residue.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:52 AM
Donnie's GTS
4th Gear Member

armor all blows BIG TIME, leaves a crappy-cheap-fake-looking sheen on any car, i dont recomend it, I use a product called lexol, much better, but slightly pricey.

Old 01-31-2007, 02:01 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

If you use it strictly for inside the car you'll have no problems with it. Outside is a different story as it'll look sh*tty after awhile on plastic and rubber
Old 01-31-2007, 02:07 AM
clix813
4th Gear Member

I only use the Armor all Extream tire shine that comes with the little foam thing. It makes the tires look realy nice. but like said before armor all inside makes a fiml on the inside and its really hard to clean off.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:20 AM
bjh061487
3rd Gear Member

Armor all isn't a bad product... it's just not the best that you could buy. But if you buy the higher end stuff you will also be putting out more money for it but personally i think armor all does the trick
Old 01-31-2007, 05:09 AM
CoolAid
3rd Gear Member

I use Meguairs Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner for the hides and Mothers Protectent Vinyl-Plastic cleaner for the rest. Armor All products FTL.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:06 AM
SmallFeesh
3rd Gear Member

Ok... Armor All is OIL! Might as well go buy some 10w-30 and spread er around! Why you think it leaves a shine?? Your interior in not supposed to shine! Did it shine when it was new?? Then why should it shine now?? Use a light cleanerlike windexon all your vinal products or a "Vinal Cleaner" like Meguires or Black Magic! Not shine crap! Same with the leather, only use it SPARINGLY! once in awile! (dont use windex on the leather)once a month is plenty if not too often! Too often will prematurley age the leather! Really your body oils are enough! As for the tires? You WILL NOT find anything better than Black Magic Titanium Tire Wet Gel.... if it is even out to the public yet... I picked up a bunch at SEMA and still have alot! Armour All?? YUCK! [:'(]
Old 01-31-2007, 06:57 PM
Black_GT_02
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SmallFeesh

Ok... Armor All is OIL! Might as well go buy some 10w-30 and spread er around! Why you think it leaves a shine?? Your interior in not supposed to shine! Did it shine when it was new?? Then why should it shine now?? Use a light cleanerlike windexon all your vinal products or a "Vinal Cleaner" like Meguires or Black Magic! Not shine crap! Same with the leather, only use it SPARINGLY! once in awile! (dont use windex on the leather)once a month is plenty if not too often! Too often will prematurley age the leather! Really your body oils are enough! As for the tires? You WILL NOT find anything better than Black Magic Titanium Tire Wet Gel.... if it is even out to the public yet... I picked up a bunch at SEMA and still have alot! Armour All?? YUCK! [:'(]

AKA...Harmorall
Old 01-31-2007, 07:18 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LasrRd00GT

What are the pros and cons of armor all? Is there a better product? Let me get some opinions here...
What exactly were you wanting to use the armor all on? I like to use Armor All for fenderwells when I detail.

I use Poorboys Natural Look interior dressing for all of the vinyl, trim, etc on the inside. The NL dries to the touch and isn't greasy, it also leaves a factory matte look that I like.

For tires I use Poorboys Bold N Bright or Optimum Tire Shine. They both dry to the touch, the Poorboys has a higher gloss and the Optimum has more of a clean matte look.

Quick Reply: Armor all?