4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Armor all?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 10:19 PM
LasrRd00GT

Default Armor all?

What are the pros and cons of armor all? Is there a better product? Let me get some opinions here...
Old 01-30-2007, 10:21 PM
JayBanion
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Armor all?

I only use armor all as a interior cleaner for the vynal pieces, i like it. Leaves a good shine. I know some people use just the basic armor all plastic and rubber stuff on tires, it never shines on tires, and i heard from someone that it dry rots tires.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:27 PM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

I would recommend using some higher end products such as Meguairs, Zaino, or Adams...

All 3 have polishes, waxes, interior cleaners, etc...
Old 01-30-2007, 10:27 PM
CobraStangGT16
5th Gear Member

I only use Armor All wipes on my car. I swear by it on my black interior. It leaves an awesome shine for months. I also use it on the rubber trim around the windows and also on the blackcowl plastic.

On tires, I use Meguires Hot Shine.It doesn't make them lookvery wet, but they staydark black for amonth or so, depending onwhere you drive.You can get it anywhere. I get my stuff from Wal-Mart. The wipes are like $6 and the Hot Shine is like $8. Totally worth it.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:46 PM
Black_GT_02
4th Gear Member

I've got the Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Protect Interior Protectant.
It's about $8.00 a bottle but it works wonders.
You can purchase it at Autozone and probably most similar places.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:47 PM
Azure
2nd Gear Member

I've used and like Armor All for interior surface. Not so much for glass surfaces or leather, I don't care for Armor All products in those categories. I use Stoner Invisible Glass and Turtle Wax leather conditioner. Right now I'm using Meguiars wipes on my interior vinyl surfaces and swear by it.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:11 AM
DrBob
2nd Gear Member

I use to run a detail shop, and after a number of complaints from clients I stopped using Armor All. If you ever see a light film on the inside of you window, that is the Armor All evaporating from your interior. I do use the Armor All cleaner on my black interior and have not seen any adverse effects. I usually just use warm water and a rag to wipe it down. For my leather I use Lexol. You have to use it like a wax. Put it on, let it dry, and then buff it off.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:17 AM
mvr
6th Gear Member

usualy i take a damp rag and wipe down the interior to get the dust/dirt off. only time i used interior cleaner wipes was when i was going to a show and i wanted a shine.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:20 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mvr

usualy i take a damp rag and wipe down the interior to get the dust/dirt off. only time i used interior cleaner wipes was when i was going to a show and i wanted a shine.
Same here. I always keep a terry cloth underneath the passenger seat for this very reason. Whenever I see the dash/doors beginning to get dusty, I wipe her down immediately before I take off and tuck the cloth back under the seat. Quick and easy, always clean without a hassle.

Whenever I go to car meets, I bust out the Meguairs fora nice shine.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:21 AM
dsg04gt
3rd Gear Member

Any cons to Armor All every week.. i can't stand the dust that builds up. I'm really **** about my car. I also tire shine it every week. I've started hitting the Vert top with a litlte tire shine too.. I use that Turtle Wax spray, love that smell.

Quick Reply: Armor all?