4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

JLT CAI. BBK CAI and a Kenne Bell

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 01:26 AM
LetThePoniesRunFree
3rd Gear Member

Default JLT CAI. BBK CAI and a Kenne Bell

Despite what you may have heard and what I myself believed to be true, neither a JLT CAI nor a BBK CAIwill NOT fit on a KB equipped 99+ GT!!!

The tube exiting the TBwill not clear between the strut/spring tower and the engine due to the fact that KB intheir allmighty money grubbing wisdom decided to extend the intake/TB out about 4 inches towards the passenger side so only THEIR "big tube" and CAI kit will fit. The factory tube does fit though it's pretty tight.

I'm pissed because I alreadyhad the JLT CAI sprayedto match my exterior paint and can't return it. Oh well, I guess I'll try tosell iton E-Bay along with the BBK CAI, PI intake, C&L upper plenum and the rest of the parts I pulled off the car.

Don't mind me, I'm just pissed because now I have to buy KB's intake and have the chip I've already payed them for reprogrammed for the 90mm MAF.

EDIT: Here is thein-house link to theParts for Sale forum I have the CAI's listed.https://mustangforums.com/m_2655150/tm.htm
Old 02-02-2007, 02:11 AM
wes ley n the G T
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: JLT CAI. BBK CAI and a Kenne Bell

Thanks for telling me bro because I'm about to get a KB for my car and was wondering if my MAC CAI would fit, guess not lol. Oh well looks like I'm buying the KB cold air kit
Old 02-02-2007, 02:18 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

You can ALWAYS fabricate!!!! I'd say just cut it to where it may fit closest and let the rubber do the rest.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:22 AM
GThopeful
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LetThePoniesRunFree

Despite what you may have heard and what I myself believed to be true, neither a JLT CAI nor a BBK CAIwill NOT fit on a KB equipped 99+ GT!!!

The tube exiting the TBwill not clear between the strut/spring tower and the engine due to the fact that KB intheir allmighty money grubbing wisdom decided to extend the intake/TB out about 4 inches towards the passenger side so only THEIR "big tube" and CAI kit will fit. The factory tube does fit though it's pretty tight.

I'm pissed because I alreadyhad the JLT CAI sprayedto match my exterior paint and can't return it. Oh well, I guess I'll try tosell iton E-Bay along with the BBK CAI, PI intake, C&L upper plenum and the rest of the parts I pulled off the car.

Don't mind me, I'm just pissed because now I have to buy KB's intake and have the chip I've already payed them for reprogrammed for the 90mm MAF.
What color is your JLT CAI sprayed? I may be interested...
Old 02-02-2007, 02:26 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Shoulda bought a vortech
Old 02-02-2007, 03:27 AM
LetThePoniesRunFree
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GThopeful

What color is your JLT CAI sprayed? I may be interested...
I don't really want to turn this post into a for-sell kinda a deal, but it's sprayed paint code "TO" Look at the pics I have in my gallery of my car. It's that color.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:30 AM
LetThePoniesRunFree
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

Shoulda bought a vortech
HA HA dude.

Naw man, I'm still a KB guy. Just some things **** yah off yah know? Hey listen, it's still way better than having the air filter under the hood sucking in all that hot air.[8D]
Old 02-02-2007, 04:56 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

Shoulda bought a vortech
HA HA dude.

Naw man, I'm still a KB guy. Just some things **** yah off yah know? Hey listen, it's still way better than having the air filter under the hood sucking in all that hot air.[8D]
Under the hood?

Who runs their air filter under the hood anymore ?

Acutally, I would put money on it that it doesnt make a differnce, but the vortech kit does locate it way down in the fender/bumper. I never have bought the whole thing with the air under the hood being all that much hotter though. I can see it on a dyno (with no fan) but in the real world with all that air moving thru it...

And it does suck that they set it up so all you can use is their setup. Its just like microsoft making you buy anothe 200 bucks in accessories to really use their 400 dollar xbox 360 (or playstation 3 doing the same thing). Its all about the dollar.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:25 AM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

What is the price difference between the KB CAI and the JLT? I'd be pissed too if I had spent the money on the JLT and the painting and found out I couldn't use it. You could sell the JLT and use that money to offset the price of the KB. How much do you lack on your install?
Old 02-02-2007, 12:58 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

The Tunable Induction (demolet) fits with the KB...
I chose it over the JLT just incase someday i ditch my eaton for a KB.

Quick Reply: JLT CAI. BBK CAI and a Kenne Bell