4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Purge pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 10:31 PM
bigjohnson4.6gt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Purge pics

ive always loved that machine gun, now all you need is a turit on the top of it lol
Old 02-05-2007, 10:46 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gt96stang

ORIGINAL: GreyStang

Mmmm... Maybe it's just me, but seeing nawzz being vented from dual feeds from the cowl etc,, smacks of rice

Don't you only have to purge a nawwzz line ONCE, right after replacing a bottle? I swear I see some dudes purging half their bottle into the sky
No, you purge the bottle when you are going to use it to get all the air out of the line and get a straight "hit" of nitrous. Granted, it's not totally important to do.
Yea but the only time there is air in the line is when you disconnect the line from an empty bottle & replace it with a full bottle. After the line is reattached & "purged" there won't be air in that line anymore,, until the next time you replace a bottle.

Yes purging is useful & important, and you want the purge to escape as near the engine as possible. But "over purging" is actually killing your performance, because the remaining nawzz in the bottle is getting colder for no good reason, which is not what you want. Add a bottle warmer if you're gonna purge your guts out (pun intended lol)

One final... it's over $50 to fill a tank right? WTF are you pissing your money skyward more than needed? [sm=dontgetit.gif]
Old 02-05-2007, 11:17 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Mine looks lame...

Old 02-05-2007, 11:21 PM
eventer289
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gt96stang

Mmmm... Maybe it's just me, but seeing nawzz being vented from dual feeds from the cowl etc,, smacks of rice

Don't you only have to purge a nawwzz line ONCE, right after replacing a bottle? I swear I see some dudes purging half their bottle into the sky
No, you purge the bottle when you are going to use it to get all the air out of the line and get a straight "hit" of nitrous. Granted, it's not totally important to do.
Yea but the only time there is air in the line is when you disconnect the line from an empty bottle & replace it with a full bottle. After the line is reattached & "purged" there won't be air in that line anymore,, until the next time you replace a bottle.

Yes purging is useful & important, and you want the purge to escape as near the engine as possible. But "over purging" is actually killing your performance, because the remaining nawzz in the bottle is getting colder for no good reason, which is not what you want. Add a bottle warmer if you're gonna purge your guts out (pun intended lol)

One final... it's over $50 to fill a tank right? WTF are you pissing your money skyward more than needed? [sm=dontgetit.gif]
Don't foget that it is always a good thing to purge after closing the bottle to relieve pressure. It is not good to keep pressure on the solonoid when not in use.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Black_GT_02
4th Gear Member

well code, there isn't a lot of options with a cowl like that.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:30 PM
V8Cody
3rd Gear Member

Not fully true GreyStang, of course purge after you reconnect the bottle to get the air out of the lines, but you want to purge after you close the bottle to get the remaining nitrous out of the lines so it doesn't turn into liquid gas. Purging as well cools off the bottle...so if your sitting past optimum PSI, you can purge for a couple seconds and get your bottle pressure back down to a good pressure. Nitrous is far from consistent if you don't shoot at the right pressure. If you keep the bottle at the ideal pressure when you shoot (900-1050) it will be spot on everytime.

Hope this helped!
Old 02-05-2007, 11:43 PM
djb1187
5th Gear Member

anyone got pics of it coming out the horses butt?
Old 02-06-2007, 12:29 AM
Hash06
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: djb1187

anyone got pics of it coming out the horses butt?
yeah i want to dee that
Old 02-06-2007, 12:40 AM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

Here is my old Mach 1 and the purge I setup on it...doesnt help much with the cobra hood...but same concept.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:44 AM
fiad06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Machwon

Here is my old Mach 1 and the purge I setup on it...doesnt help much with the cobra hood...but same concept.
What do you do for a living.....your cars are so sexy!!

Quick Reply: Purge pics