4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Vortech V2 Dilema

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 10:06 AM
8banger
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Vortech V2 Dilema

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

I could be wrong, but I didn't think vortech acutally packaged and shipped the entire kits to the customer? For instance, with the MPH kit the injectors, fuel pump, etc etc came from MPH and not vortech?

I don't see any reason why vortech would even have a set of 30s sitting around to accidentally ship... there would be no point of having them there.

You should upgrade to 42 pounders when you get em, they will give you a little more room to grow and a bit of a saftey cusion in any case.

+1 on the vortech tunes being useless. You need to have a tune custom burned for the car. Driving a 2v 4.6L on a generic tune is playing with fire.
Yes you can still buy a complete kit from vortech..includes everything including a certificate for (to return it to vortech)ecm chip..comes with every bolt ,nut and bracket including injectors and fuel pump....according to them they used the 30 lbers up til 02 and then change to 38lber's and the programming to go along with it..
Old 02-07-2007, 10:16 AM
8banger
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

ORIGINAL: 8banger
Well thats just it,,its not USED ,it was a sealed in the box kit never opened.My feelings is this,,what about the poor guy who purchases a kit from a seller who has had it 5 years .?paid full retail? and the the retailer says,,its a sealed kit,,problems, call vortech...call vortech they say,,not their problem either...?I got a good deal,,even purchasing a set of injectors ,,and selling mine ..not gonna bust thebank..But the vortech was the one to change from using 30lbr's to 38's(has to be a reason)..and the programming.....I installed what was supplied in the kit...correctly...How was I suppose to know they had upgraded injector size?Everything in the part maunal was in the kit.looking at there site once again,,,they still list the 99 gt kit as having 30 lb injectors....and since we last spoke.looks like they removed the 2000-04 parts list....hummm..Oh well leason learned..Now,...I didn't drive it far like this...knew right away something wasnt right...so,,engine damage shouldnt be a problem...Never heard any detonation.....but already saving for a shortblock...
I understand where you are coming from. But, I can understand where they would tell you to get lost. I own a business & if a customer of mine had purchased a product, sold the product & the new owner called me for free replacement parts, I'd tell'em to get lost.

They can't guarentee how you obtained the product. They can't guarentee the box was never opened (especially over a long period of time) and the injectors swapped. You're still ahead of the game, so I wouldn't let it ruin your thoughts on Vortech.

BTW, thanks for not taking it the wrong way and blowing up on any of us.
Well At My shop,,customer sells a car to an unkown person...that we replaced an alternator with a life time warranty,,We' ll gladly take care of that in order to CREATE a new customer for life..We would still charge labor to R&Rbut not the part...so in by doing so,,we're happy to have a new customer,and they in return, feel great we warrantied the product...We been in the buss for over 30 years,,because it may cost alittle to gain a customer,,but in the end when they keep returning,its all good....
Dont worry,,,I just felt Vortech would've responded in a better manner,,,the tech help couldnt answer my questions,had to put me on hold several times til he could ask someone who could.Then spoke to a supervisior that really couldnt do much better....the end result is I should bought a paxton or at least a MPH kit....Oh well..yeah 42lber's are looking good along with a bigger MAF.90 mm .....and then a Good tune...on a real dyno....
Old 02-07-2007, 06:51 PM
kcp1989
3rd Gear Member

that sucks butit is just an excuse to get an off road system. the injectors ernt that expensive anyway. you might be able to find someone willing to trade there 38s for your 30s