4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

CATS**

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 02:25 PM
99mustanggt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: CATS**

Sounds good,but dont rag on someone for having genuine mustang parts when you have a carbon fiber hood.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:30 PM
silverstang1996
5th Gear Member

eh i just do it with poeple who think they are the "hott ****" with something mommy and daddy got em, otherwise there wouldn't be a prob. to me.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:13 PM
BADSEED
3rd Gear Member

O.K. How do i think i am hot **** i asked a simple question.Than you said my car was rice is there a jealously issuebecause mommy and daddy bought my car. Oh and i work for it at my dads pizza store every week. So please if you don't know there situation don't talk. So agian please be nice.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 02-09-2007, 05:51 PM
GT03 TJS
3rd Gear Member

****...i got amazing grades in high school and college..... my mommy and daddy said "get a job...."

just playin.....but about the exhaust....unless you are a great welder, spend the money and get an O/R pipe....alot of the loudness depends on your catback system...like if you got a catless midpipe with SLP LMI's....youd definetly get yourself pulled over in MA.

if you had an OR pipe with like a mac catback or stock catback, i think youd be good....

but correct me if I'm wrong, emissions testing in MA is every year not every two like most places....so consider that before you get out a hacksaw and chop off your cats....
Old 02-09-2007, 05:58 PM
99mustanggt
3rd Gear Member

I have visual emissions here in PA. I cut my cats and hollowed them and put them back on. Beleive me if it wasn't for the visual emmisions i would have just bought an o/r pipe.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:12 PM
BADSEED
3rd Gear Member

Do you guys think the Bassani O/R X pipe would be to loud?
Old 02-09-2007, 06:13 PM
99mustanggt
3rd Gear Member

I think the louder the better but thats just me.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:11 PM
silverstang1996
5th Gear Member

No i've just seen other posts you've made and that's where i got my reason, there is no jealousy in the pride of having your own car that you achieved yourself. But i'm happy to see you're spelling isn't down the drain like it was so atleast you got something out of this so i'm happy, but i like the positive attitude so no harm done, ill be nice hah
ORIGINAL: BADSEED

O.K. How do i think i am hot **** i asked a simple question.Than you said my car was rice is there a jealously issuebecause mommy and daddy bought my car. Oh and i work for it at my dads pizza store every week. So please if you don't know there situation don't talk. So agian please be nice.
[align=left][/align]
Old 02-10-2007, 02:11 AM
aking287
2nd Gear Member

Ok, first for the real question, the exhaust. If your car is like mine it has 4 cats. If you cut them off it will be louder and get a little boost in top-end power. I'm thinking about cutting mine off soon. Florida = no emissions checks. I'm a college student so for $100 it is much cheaper than the $800 I was saving up for an exhaust system.

Second, Silverstang. Don't talk about ricer cars, because ricers like carbon fiber stuff. I was at the track on Saturday and didn't see a single muscle car with carbonfiber on it (And I saw someBAD musclecars). Saw a 99+ mustang run 7.6 in the 1/4, but guess what...no carbon fiber.The few pounds that you saved putting a carbon fiber hood on didn't make your car any faster and didn't make it look any better. (Much worse actually)

Thirdly, BADSEED. Take off the Saleen stuff man. Your car looked much better before.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:31 AM
SSFenris
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT03 TJS

alot of the loudness depends on your catback system...like if you got a catless midpipe with SLP LMI's....youd definetly get yourself pulled over in MA.

HAHA... That's the setup I have on my '04... it's pretty docile out to about 2k... but then it goes full-bore... like a Rat Rod on CRACK! I know there's someone lurking around here that thinks that we're all about 'follow the leader' and '10-out-of-10 for loudness'... but what point is it to have a quiet Mustang? I LOVE my LM1s!