4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

5.4 2v worth it......?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 05:55 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 5.4 2v worth it......?

yea i from what i have heard the install is pretty straight forward but that does make sense to ask around alittle more.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:56 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: amoosenamedhank

ORIGINAL: RedAlertlb

so can i use the same headers off my gt?
Headers or stock exhaust manifolds? Manifolds yes aftermarket headers probably not. I think with an aftermarket k-member a set of shorties would fit. But my long tubes hit the side of the car and the floor. So it depends on what you got.
I thought a set of shorties would fit with no problem? There have been a few guys on other forums who have done this and i believe they all went with shorties because of ease of use. I haven't done this myself so i am just going by what i remember reading in their posts.
If i did this swap i would definately go with a tubular K-member
Old 02-08-2007, 06:05 PM
djb1187
5th Gear Member

If i was you i would sell the motor and buy a blower
Old 02-08-2007, 06:17 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: droptoppony

ORIGINAL: amoosenamedhank

ORIGINAL: RedAlertlb

so can i use the same headers off my gt?
Headers or stock exhaust manifolds? Manifolds yes aftermarket headers probably not. I think with an aftermarket k-member a set of shorties would fit. But my long tubes hit the side of the car and the floor. So it depends on what you got.
I thought a set of shorties would fit with no problem? There have been a few guys on other forums who have done this and i believe they all went with shorties because of ease of use. I haven't done this myself so i am just going by what i remember reading in their posts.
If i did this swap i would definately go with a tubular K-member
Well to tell you the truth I'm not sure on the shorties. They look like they would work, but I don't have a set myself so I wouldn't be able to say for sure. The only reason I'm going with the long tube idea is because I'm going to start with the ones I have and then buy a weld up kit and step up to 1 3/4". This will make more power then the shorties plus I will have to less fabrication to the x-pipe. I definitely would recommend the K-member to any and everyone. It makes everything some much easier. You can actually get at the headers with out pulling the engine.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:24 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: djb1187

If i was you i would sell the motor and buy a blower
Why not just have both
Old 02-08-2007, 06:25 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

Well right now this is a budget build so if i come across a k member for a good price i might.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:04 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Go to corral.net in there classified section under suspension. There are a lot of good deals on new stuff in there. I bought my K-member A-arms and coil overs for $600.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:15 PM
StockD15b
4th Gear Member

there a douch bag out in my area who took one out of a Lightning and put it in his Gt. he said he spent 10k on everything. he didnt even have a hood for it. week later he spun a rod bearing lol. which is good bc like i said, hes a douch lol.. But if do do it, good luck finding a 19inch cowl hood.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:25 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StockD15b

there a douch bag out in my area who took one out of a Lightning and put it in his Gt. he said he spent 10k on everything. he didnt even have a hood for it. week later he spun a rod bearing lol. which is good bc like i said, hes a douch lol.. But if do do it, good luck finding a 19inch cowl hood.
That's why you don't use a roots blower. I have a custom intake I'm making and a centri. s/c and I'm damn close to making it under a stock hood.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:23 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Do it-Do it!

Quick Reply: 5.4 2v worth it......?