4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

sound system suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 02:00 AM
jaystang44
2nd Gear Member

Default sound system suggestions

If you read my other post I have a old beretta that use in the winter and I putMTX subs and amp in the trunk. Now I got the stang should I swap it and put it in there? If so will it hook up to the 6 discCD in it? Also is there anything I could buy that if I did put them in the stang that I could have a switch to turn them off if I pleased? How about the rattling dino mat or what? Finally how hard would it be to hook them up myself? had best buy do it for the beretta. Just give me some info if you can let me now even if I should put them the stangor sell them like i was planing to do.

O yea and if I am going to put them in the stang I plan on cutting the sub box down so it will slide back into the truck further.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:25 AM
96 myztic
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: sound system suggestions

I had circuit city install the deck, it was free with purchase, but i installed by JL audio10inchers and submyself. If you understand basic wiring its pretty easy and just pull back some of the panels to make the wiring look real clean, i ran my wires under the doorsills. You can get the wires in a kit or buy them by the foot, you need a ground, a hot and the on/off wire as well as the RCA cables.

As far as a sub box i ended up makin my own. I believe it was 3/4" MFD, microfibre density board, just bought a big *** sheet. If you have simple carpentry tools its really simple, just make sure the overall cubic inches of the box is around the recommended level that the subs require. Also make sure you use wood glue and nails so it doesnt rattle and sound like crap. You dont want it ported as im sure u want it as small as possible.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:53 AM
jaystang44
2nd Gear Member

Thanks myztic

they are already in a box thats how they came. But you said they will require a cetain amount of space? so I was planing on just cutting the exsisting box down to fit further back in the trunk. should I not do that or is it ok? And the rattling I was talking about the trunk rattles on the beretta you can hear it on the outside and I hate how that sounds. I was saying should I install something called dino mat I think is what its called?...Thanks though...

So keep them and put them in the mustang or sell em? that is the question
Old 02-15-2007, 03:05 AM
96 myztic
2nd Gear Member

The space requirements are in cubic inches, and will be different for the type of box u are using, ported, unported or bandpass (hybird.) So if its a ported box and u cut it down to far its gonna have no drive, so you could plug up the holes, but id just do it right and buy/make a new box.

I used to have my subs in my last car, 3 series bmw, in a big *** bandpass box, and that used to rattle my damn tail lights outta the car, no joke. The cobra doesnt rattle so bad, but honestly there isnt much i can do about it when your makin some serious bass. Sure you can put the reflective crap down to deaden the sound, but it only makes it sound better to the people outside the car, so is it really worth it. I cant hear any rattling from inside the car so i could get a rats *** how it sounds outside really.

Old 02-15-2007, 03:13 AM
mvr
6th Gear Member

my buddy and i installed a 10in sub/amp/box with 4ga wireing kit. pretty simple install if you dont mind cutting/splicing wires. i wired the remote into a acessory fuse

i followed this how-to:
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/despeeds1.htm

any questions, ask.

Old 02-15-2007, 03:13 AM
jaystang44
2nd Gear Member

Yea but i just hate the sound of the trunk or anything rattling at all. To me it just sounds trashy. That just me though. thanks for the info. How much do you thank I could sell dual MTX subs with the MTX amp.

This is what it is. sorry I got them from circuit city not best buy my mistake.
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/MTX-S...oductDetail.do
Old 02-15-2007, 03:16 AM
96 myztic
2nd Gear Member

see if you can trade them on here for some parts?!
Old 02-15-2007, 03:18 AM
jaystang44
2nd Gear Member

Where should I post that/ And what could I get, I have a 2002 GT all stock.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:21 AM
96 myztic
2nd Gear Member

try over at corral.net, svtperformance, or even here, i think there is a classified section here
Old 02-15-2007, 03:34 AM
jaystang44
2nd Gear Member

Well I posted it here in trades and freebies we'll see what happens.
Thanks 99 myztic for all your Info

And why not take the opertunity anyone looking for subs I am willing to trade or some cash.
Here they are again if interested
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/MTX-S...oductDetail.do

Quick Reply: sound system suggestions