4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Question about hpipe

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 06:02 PM
ratherBracin
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Question about hpipe

+1 Just get a catted mid pipe and you should be fine. Otherwise how much do you want for the headers?
Old 02-15-2007, 06:11 PM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ASUSMC

Put your cats back on and you are perfectly legal. The Shorty headers that Ford sells are perfectly legal in 50 states so your headers are fine.
+1 Keep the headers and replace the mid pipe. If the cop tells you the shortys are illegel he's lieing.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:14 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

I say get your friend's old H pipe, cut off the cat casings, weld them to your O/R pipe, make sure you're tuned or have mil eliminators so you don't get a CEL, and you're done. And next time keep your foot off the gas when you see a cop.
That's what I would do... My brothers mustang (LTs, o/r X, LM1's) is FREAKIN loud and he is never stopped, but he does coast whenever he sees a cop.

And yea, I obviously can't read from my previous post [8D]
Old 02-15-2007, 06:16 PM
96 myztic
2nd Gear Member

Cops you see are never the problem, its the one u dont.........
Old 02-15-2007, 06:16 PM
silver03gt
3rd Gear Member

96 myztic
Date 2/15/2007 3:56:25 PM

[blockquote]
Quote:
I hate those damn motorcycles, beyond rediculously loud, ive been tempted to just run them off the road before. Only thing a loud motorcycle proves is that prolly beat ur wife up regularly. [/blockquote]
Dude, I hate to tell you this, but your an ***, I ride, and no it's not a loud harley, but I have also been hit by some ******* in a car who didn't see me, perhaps if I was on a loud harley, I wouldn't have been hit. You got a problem with loud bikes, then I suppose you should hate my O/r pro chamber and slp lm1's too, right, there ridiculous loud.

Also, for the original post, I just got my sticker yesterday, only had to pass safety this year so I got it no problem, I told him after that I was worried about how loud it is, there is no real regulation on the loudness, unless they want to charge you with diturbing the peace,,,, I wouldn't replace your header's, the only thing illegal about your exhaust is not having cats. Weld some cats in your midpie as is and you'll be all set, the only ticket they can give you at the moment for not having cats is improper equipment. What the hell did he write you up for, to make you think you have to change all this stuff out, just about all shorty headers are 50 state legal
Old 02-15-2007, 06:21 PM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

Since when is a shorty header illegal?
Old 02-15-2007, 06:24 PM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 01BluStang

ok so i got pulled over the other day for my exaust being too loud (what a surprise). In order to keep my car on the road and avoid a 300 dollar ticket i have to remove my headers and get cats. Will my hpipe still work with the stock manifolds or do i have to get a new hpipe? My friend just wrecked his 00 gt and i can take his cated h-pipe (same as mine plus cats)and manifolds for free so if anyone knows please help.. thanx
This is why I love Alabama. I hear so many stories of people getting pulled over or worried about passing emissions test. I never knew some states would give people so much headack about it until I got on this site. I've never been far from home though and here cops pull you over just to get you to rack em off for them. Sorry to hear of so many of you having problems. I don't know what I would do if the police told me what I could and couldn't do to my car.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:24 PM
96 myztic
2nd Gear Member

"Dude, I hate to tell you this, but your an ***, I ride, and no it's not a loud harley, but I have also been hit by some ******* in a car who didn't see me, perhaps if I was on a loud harley, I wouldn't have been hit. You got a problem with loud bikes, then I suppose you should hate my O/r pro chamber and slp lm1's too, right, there ridiculous loud. "

Its just a pet peave, nothing against you personally. The wife part might have been a lil over the top but it was for good effect. It just kills me when they ride around just revving the engine just so it sounds loud, where if i did that i know i would have a glove box full of tickets. My car is loud, and i do try to be courteous around my neighborhood, etc, but at the same tune its a bit of a catch 22, i like loud cars, but not loud motorcycles, illogical, prolly, but my opinion none the less.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:28 PM
01BluStang

ORIGINAL: 96 myztic

Cops you see are never the problem, its the one u dont.........
very true. I thot aboutsayin f*** it and eating the fine, but im gettin the cats and manifolds for free. The cop DID ask if i had headers and i told him they were 50state legal. Apparently it doesnt matter my stupid *** town has an ordinance against loud exhausts... Ill prob just put the manifolds and cats on for the police inspection and thenput backthe whole system or at least the headers.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:40 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Since when is a shorty header illegal?
Yea that stinks... thank god they don't care about noise here in NJ. All cops would have to do is following the sound of my brother's car and pull him over. They don't even need to see him, they could be 2 miles away and find him haha.

Quick Reply: Question about hpipe