4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Fu*king SH*T

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 02:47 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Fu*king SH*T

Whats funny is your parrents aren't really liable for any damage that you do. Unless you are constantly getting in trouble with the law and they are proven to be ignoring the problems, then they're liable.... Or your under their insurance... Talk to a lawyer in your town get the specifics for your state and then dirrect him/her to your parrents. That is if you want to move back with your parrents.

Parrents are kinda dumb sometimes, but try to understand their side. They've probably had objections to you getting modded way before this. They "probably" just don't want you hurting yourself more than they are worried about liability.

P.S. Of course there are "those" parrents that are just "Nuckin Futs" and should have never had kids in the first place, but since we are here, enjoy your life and make something cool out of it........ Your name is all you really leave the earth with.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:01 PM
newb2000GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sxynerd

Parrents are kinda dumb sometimes, but try to understand their side.
Yes, and kids are kinda dumb sometimes too. Ok, most of the time.

While kids can try to understand a parent's perspective, a parent know's the kid's perspective all too well. I was blessed with 3 boys and my wife swears it's karma for all the crap I pulled as akid. I have called my dad out of the blue to apologize on more than one occassion over the past few years as I now know how my parents felt when I did the stupid things I did. Imagine, my oldest is only 9, I have many more apologies to issue.

I bring this up because my 8 year old asked me yesterday if he gets my Mustang when he's 16. I said absolutely not. He asked why. I said because I was 16 once. He said so. And I said, we wouldn't be here having this conversation if I had this car when I was 16.

I'm not that far removed from that stage in my life (currently 32) and I remember what it was like to know everything. While I still know everything I have matured to understand that I haven't experienced everything I know. While it is so clear to an 18 year old, it becomes more clear yet more complicated as you get older. If you want to live like a man, be one and move out on your own. If you need to get through school and rely on your generous parents for a little longer, simply have the respect to honor their rules until you are done with their generosity.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:08 PM
quitbichyn
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sarNz

just think, now you can spend your money on chrome air conditioner *****, skull head shifter, and sw33t body k1ts!
lmao!!
Old 02-16-2007, 03:11 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

yeah, I can understand them fearing for your safety. But if your over 18, they're in no way liable for you. On thier insurance or not. The worst that can happen is the rates will get raised or the company will say, either remove him from your policy, or we're dropping you.

If you live in thier house, legally there only responsible if you were to do something like get drunk, leave the house and kill someone. but if you're just driving - they're not liable for you. You're a legal adult. Think of it this way, if me, and you are co-tennents in an apt, or house.. and you wreck your car, and cause 500k in damage, they can't come after me just because i live in the same house. Now, if they're on your title, then it may be something different. So, if they are... get them off, and tell them that they now have no liability - maybe they'll let you install that novi

Or just put it in your closet until you move out.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:19 PM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ive only had one ticket in the pastalmost 3years ive been driving. (im almost 18). that ticket was written for a 70 in a 45 but he didnt get me by radar, i was really doing 115ish and admited to doing 80 so he wrote me for 70 so i kept my lisence. i went to traffic school and the ticket was dropped so i had no points on my lisence if my record stayed clean so insurance stayed the same. i learned my lesson going that fast back when my car was near stock and now with this much power, i will not tempt myself other than being at the track... i may accel fast to the speed limit and maybe 5 over.. but not triple digits in a 45. the only reason why i did it too was peer pressure from friends and the road is a 4 lane divided highway for the most part with a straight away for alittle over a mile.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:46 PM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Emanpimpster

You know what would look sweet in a 99 laser red vert??? A novi trust me bro ud be cruisin

yea i dont think my parents would let me do that
Old 02-16-2007, 03:50 PM
gxszone
2nd Gear Member

I have gotten a speeding ticket for going 40 in a 30 haha
Old 02-16-2007, 04:09 PM
97Cobra_kid
1st Gear Member

im glad i didnt get a speeding ticket yet, sorry to hear that though
Old 02-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Davojan59
4th Gear Member

just keep it and install it when ur on ur own and ull be fine. Oh and John, at this point, ur acting kinda gay so quit it [8D]
Old 02-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

hahaha, thats funny