4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

About time for final #'s huh? There in!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 01:06 PM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

Default RE: About time for final #'s huh? There in!!!

[/quote]

Send it to THR!!!!!

We areshooting forover 500rwhp on just 12psi!THR's Tune is just AMAZING!!! I've seen it first hand myself when I saw anew 2007 Mustang Shelby GT 500 get tomid 600rwhp with exhuast, cai, and THR tune! This is also at only 9.5psi with stock pulley!

My plans are to stick with the P-1 Procharger. Upgrade to 8 rib pulley system and push 16psi.With a little giggle spary!

Horsepower beyond600rwhp is just plain useless unless you wanna be a dynoqueen. I exprenced it all first hand! lol. Take a ride in THR's500rwhp GT with a stock block andP-1 Procharger. This thing had slicks and skinnies and we still had traction issues on the street! lol.
[/quote]

Is that to the flywheel or to the wheels? I just find it a lil hard to believe they could get 600 with just exhaust, intake, and a tune. That would be almost 150 more hp on that alone.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:32 PM
ih8chevy
5th Gear Member

thats some good stuff right there, good luck with the car
Old 02-21-2007, 03:38 AM
Texas_Hot_Rods
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: goldeneagle_10
Send it to THR!!!!!

We areshooting forover 500rwhp on just 12psi!THR's Tune is just AMAZING!!! I've seen it first hand myself when I saw anew 2007 Mustang Shelby GT 500 get tomid 600rwhp with exhuast, cai, and THR tune! This is also at only 9.5psi with stock pulley!

My plans are to stick with the P-1 Procharger. Upgrade to 8 rib pulley system and push 16psi.With a little giggle spary!

Horsepower beyond600rwhp is just plain useless unless you wanna be a dynoqueen. I exprenced it all first hand! lol. Take a ride in THR's500rwhp GT with a stock block andP-1 Procharger. This thing had slicks and skinnies and we still had traction issues on the street! lol.
[/quote]

Is that to the flywheel or to the wheels? I just find it a lil hard to believe they could get 600 with just exhaust, intake, and a tune. That would be almost 150 more hp on that alone.
[/quote]

Just for clarification, it's 574 rwhp & 554 rwtq. We used a custom 1 7/8 inch stepped header with custom 3 inch exhaust made for this particular project. With the JLT Carbon Fiber intake and huge MAF, we rolled the dyno to the above numbers. This is par for the new GT500's as they pick up over 100 rwhp with exhaust and competant tuning. Vic was there first hand this last weekend as I installed the intake and started lap top tuning from scratch on this one. No magic, just tweaking the SCT for real results.

600 HP may have been the SAE or weather corrected numbers. I will post up some vid once we get the new 2.8 KB on it with some real boost. Expect at least 850 rwhp on this one!

Brian
THR
Old 02-21-2007, 05:45 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Texas_Hot_Rods

ORIGINAL: goldeneagle_10
Send it to THR!!!!!

[/quote]

Just for clarification, it's 574 rwhp & 554 rwtq. We used a custom 1 7/8 inch stepped header with custom 3 inch exhaust made for this particular project. With the JLT Carbon Fiber intake and huge MAF, we rolled the dyno to the above numbers. This is par for the new GT500's as they pick up over 100 rwhp with exhaust and competant tuning. Vic was there first hand this last weekend as I installed the intake and started lap top tuning from scratch on this one. No magic, just tweaking the SCT for real results.

600 HP may have been the SAE or weather corrected numbers. I will post up some vid once we get the new 2.8 KB on it with some real boost. Expect at least 850 rwhp on this one!

Brian
THR
[/quote]

Just don't try it on the stock rotating assembly. I found it hard to beileve, but everyone is saying the GT500 assembly is acutally weaker than the 03/04 cobra 4v !
Old 02-21-2007, 10:20 AM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

Was that with full exhaust or just a catback? If its full exhaust, then I can see it happening alot more.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:23 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

Just don't try it on the stock rotating assembly. I found it hard to beileve, but everyone is saying the GT500 assembly is acutally weaker than the 03/04 cobra 4v !
I've heard that, anyone else?
Old 02-21-2007, 10:50 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Well they're saying it because of the cracked forged metal they put in there against the Manley forged rods they put in the 03/04 Cobra... it'll be interesting... I know KB had one, but im curious a bit to see what it would do driven more then just KB's testing to get a high hp# for the new blower... 850rwhp is definatly possible with a good tune on that motor, I just wonder if the cracked forged metal can handle the stress... or how long it will handle it before kaboom... but, im sure if they have the owner that bought a Shelby with the market adjustment, and just "throw on" a 2.8 KB, im sure he can afford a new block if needed.... Keep us updated on that one.

But in another post, Brian said he was using race gas in his car... I wonder if race gas is in this Shelby as well?
Old 02-21-2007, 10:52 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

darn.. I forgot to say... Nice torque out put btw... post up a dyno sheet when you can!
Old 02-21-2007, 07:04 PM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

I've gotta pic of the dyno sheet since I don't have a scanner. The pic will be censored because it has b a m a chips logo on it.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:06 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

i thought you'd easily be 400+ with the intercooled kit.

Quick Reply: About time for final #'s huh? There in!!!