4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

NEW PICS...NEW HOOD INSTALLED

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 07:30 PM
ponysnake99
4th Gear Member

Default RE: PICS how do u guys make those cool tags????

ORIGINAL: ericdiver

thanks for all the comps... people, i debated on the hood for months fearing it would not line up right, did i order the right one, (i had it down to two hoods the svtheat extractor or this one, but with the gills on top i think i matches the rest of the car, and i opened the gills on the hood and added a saleen screen under it so it looks hot from the drivers seat and extracts heat), or the paint job would look like crap, but i am extremely happy with it, also my wheels are both in the same position on the pics, thats a random cool thing... ha ha
Can you put up a pic of this uh...gill work? I've been debating on this hood myself for my car and i'd like to know just how fuctional the slits look! btw that is a peice of art right there, very nice[sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 02-21-2007, 07:33 PM
wgdt21
5th Gear Member

you've got yourself a damn sexy car
im jealous
Old 02-21-2007, 07:35 PM
ericdiver
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ponysnake99

ORIGINAL: ericdiver

thanks for all the comps... people, i debated on the hood for months fearing it would not line up right, did i order the right one, (i had it down to two hoods the svtheat extractor or this one, but with the gills on top i think i matches the rest of the car, and i opened the gills on the hood and added a saleen screen under it so it looks hot from the drivers seat and extracts heat), or the paint job would look like crap, but i am extremely happy with it, also my wheels are both in the same position on the pics, thats a random cool thing... ha ha
Can you put up a pic of this uh...gill work? I've been debating on this hood myself for my car and i'd like to know just how fuctional the slits look! btw that is a peice of art right there, very nice[sm=smiley20.gif]
i knew someone would ask about this i was going to take a pic but i forgot i will get some up soon
Old 02-21-2007, 07:44 PM
newb2000GT
4th Gear Member

While you're taking pics, can I get one from the front please?

Looking good, I just decided to stray away from that one and have been considering the extractor, but seeing it on your car has swayed me back. Much better looking installed then in the ads.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:50 PM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

look awesome man! I've always loved that hood!
Old 02-21-2007, 07:55 PM
stoes
2nd Gear Member

more pics from the drivers seat. im thinking about getting that hood also.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:55 PM
ericdiver
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: newb2000GT

While you're taking pics, can I get one from the front please?

Looking good, I just decided to stray away from that one and have been considering the extractor, but seeing it on your car has swayed me back. Much better looking installed then in the ads.
yes i thought it might look to big or something, i will get some pics of the front for ya.... and from the drivers view
Old 02-21-2007, 08:06 PM
dsg04gt
3rd Gear Member

Very nice car.. I've had my lite bar sitting in the garage since last week, and am debating whether or not to get it re-vynaled. Picked it up for $250 off of a crashed 'vert, with the $60 sensor/switch too. One question, what springs are you running? I'm trying to get a comparison between drops on 'verts so I can choose the right spring.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:07 PM
ant02gt
3rd Gear Member

that is simply amazing dude... very nice work
Old 02-21-2007, 08:16 PM
ericdiver
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dsg04gt

Very nice car.. I've had my lite bar sitting in the garage since last week, and am debating whether or not to get it re-vynaled. Picked it up for $250 off of a crashed 'vert, with the $60 sensor/switch too. One question, what springs are you running? I'm trying to get a comparison between drops on 'verts so I can choose the right spring.
i have saleen shocks all around, some roush springs in the rear, and cut the fronts to match... dont ask, but it rides very nice..... i was thinking of getting some matching springs but i keep asking myself why??? it doesnt ride rough, doesnt 'hit' the top of the towers over bumps, about 1.2 inches lower, and its tottally level, unlike alot of springs u buy, i have purchaced alot of springs and had to cut a quarter off them or something to keep it level

Quick Reply: NEW PICS...NEW HOOD INSTALLED