4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Decided to sell the stang

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 12:52 AM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

Default RE: Decided to sell the stang

CELEBRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

LATA!
Old 02-27-2007, 12:53 AM
djb1187
5th Gear Member

good luck on the car search. You had a real nice stang. Just wait till you graduate to get a cobra. thats what im gonna do. youll have more money by then
Old 02-27-2007, 03:28 AM
CobraStangGT16
5th Gear Member

Clint...you just wait...my dad says if I get straight A's this year, He will help me buy a '99 Cobra. Then I'll whoop your crackerbarrell *** with it!

Yeah he just told me. I saw one for sale locally here, a red one. 360rwhp, DD chrome bullitt wheels. Leather.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:39 AM
majinprodigy
3rd Gear Member

personal tip... you want something sporty, somewhat reliable, fast and comfortable yes??

look into honda s2000, rx7 (they have some issues but what car doesnt?), V6 mustang and ill even though out there acura rsx-s, hyundai tiburon

stay away from 350z, older corvettes ive seen quite a few problems with those cars...
insurence and gas mileage on top ones isnt to bad cept maybe on honda because its a vert.
cheers and good luck =)
Old 02-27-2007, 03:56 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CobraStangGT16

Well guys, the time has come. I knew it wouldn't be too far down the road when I wanted a new car. It's just too rugged for a high school student. I just can't live with 17 mpg in the street, and I only go to school and back = a tank a week. I pay for gas, insurance, tickets, everything, so it does take a toll on me.

So yeah, I'm selling. The car is for sale here, https://mustangforums.com/m_2791240/tm.htm.

I really didn't want to, but I think I'd be happier with a newer car, maybe even a new Mustang. I'm not sure exactly what car I'll get, but I know it'll be sporty and fast and it has to be a manual. But don't worry, I'll still be here on MustangForums. I've had too much fun with this car, and theres no way I'll never get another Mustang,maybe next time when I'm older, a terminator, or'99 Cobra. I was even thinkin of getting a classicFastback just to work on and drive around on the weekends.Idon't know how fast it will sell, but I'm sort of looking forward to it. I'm still American Muscle at heart, so don't expect me to get anything coming outta East Asia, maybe a VW GTI or MINI Cooper S.

Only a matter of time now!
have you tried the foot pedal mod? If you want to improve MPG on your daily drive, just get a piece of wood that won't let you depress the pedal more than about 1/10th of the way down and mount it under the pedal. I bet your MPG improves
Old 02-27-2007, 04:00 AM
CobraStangGT16
5th Gear Member

^^ LOL. No I don't push my car, guys. I rarely shift over 2700 rpm.

The car just hasn't ever been tuned, and I don't have the money to do it. I'd rather get a more worry free car than this. Just an easier route. Although, that 99 Cobra would really kick ***. I need to bring my grades up from B's to A's before anything goes down, though.

I'm not really looking for a Honda or Mazda type of car. I'm actually really impressed with the SVT Focus. That cars got some kick to it, and it looks pretty good for a hatchback. I'm still really divided about all this.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:11 AM
lucki96gt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: majinprodigy

personal tip... you want something sporty, somewhat reliable, fast and comfortable yes??

look into honda s2000, rx7 (they have some issues but what car doesnt?), V6 mustang and ill even though out there acura rsx-s, hyundai tiburon

stay away from 350z, older corvettes ive seen quite a few problems with those cars...
insurence and gas mileage on top ones isnt to bad cept maybe on honda because its a vert.
cheers and good luck =)
I am in the process of probally swapping out the stang too! Those are some good cars to look into, I was looking into the s2000 myself(might have to de-badge it, I just hate those H's), they come with 4.10's stock.lol. I think the Z's are still too high. Anyway good luck on your purchase!
Old 02-27-2007, 05:45 AM
GTowner4life
3rd Gear Member

Buy an F body!
Old 02-27-2007, 05:57 AM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

The car just hasn't ever been tuned, and I don't have the money to do it. I'd rather get a more worry free car than this. Just an easier route. Although, that 99 Cobra would really kick ***. I need to bring my grades up from B's to A's before anything goes down, though.

I'm not really looking for a Honda or Mazda type of car. I'm actually really impressed with the SVT Focus. That cars got some kick to it, and it looks pretty good for a hatchback. I'm still really divided about all this.
i LOVE the SVT Focus...it is one of my dream cars to own and fix up...i have tried on numerous occasions to get my parents to let me trade my V6 for an 03-04 Euro Edition SVT...i will own one eventually...just not now...it will be a Competition Orange 04...
Old 02-27-2007, 07:37 AM
02bluegtstang
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: laserred38

i LOVE the SVT Focus...it is one of my dream cars to own and fix up...i have tried on numerous occasions to get my parents to let me trade my V6 for an 03-04 Euro Edition SVT...i will own one eventually...just not now...it will be a Competition Orange 04...

I used to have a 03 Black SVT Focus....really nice and fun car with some power to it too....someone rear ended me so I got an 02 stang GT now....whole different cars but wouldnt mind owning both....or you can just import one of those Focus RS AWD Turbo 5cyl from europe

Quick Reply: Decided to sell the stang