4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

daily driver supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 03:36 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Default RE: daily driver supercharger

Go with a centri!
Old 02-27-2007, 03:43 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shadowfoxx

Well, I guess I'll be the voice of opposition... I say if you can afford it go KB.. they are a bit more money but you also have to remember that it will replace that plastic intake manifold (which will need replacing later). You will be in boost more often then a centri but so what.... with a good tune you will not cause any more damage then with a centri.. the only thing that might suffer a little is gas mileage but hell.. the KB’s are more fun to drive as a daily driver and will be well worth it.. plus who buys a sports car to be conservative.. onnormal daily driver you probably wont be in the higher rpm range that often enough to take full advantage of the boostwhere as theKB you will.. butthat's just my .02 cents.
I beg to differ!

And one thing is definatly for sure, you give me the same amount of money and the centri car is gonna be faster, hands down!
Old 02-27-2007, 03:46 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

Well, I guess I'll be the voice of opposition... I say if you can afford it go KB.. they are a bit more money but you also have to remember that it will replace that plastic intake manifold (which will need replacing later). You will be in boost more often then a centri but so what.... with a good tune you will not cause any more damage then with a centri.. the only thing that might suffer a little is gas mileage but hell.. the KB’s are more fun to drive as a daily driver and will be well worth it.. plus who buys a sports car to be conservative.. onnormal daily driver you probably wont be in the higher rpm range that often enough to take full advantage of the boostwhere as theKB you will.. butthat's just my .02 cents.

Have you ever driven a KB on the street? I cant get traction with my centri under 45 mph, even with nittos. With a KB it would be even worse. My friend has a built KB, not the same as a basic 2v, but you can punch at 2k rpms and just roast the tires.... its nice having about 3k rpm range where you can atleast kinda get on it without roasting them.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Nthe11s
1st Gear Member

I have a complete SQ-V2 Vortech w/ innercooler and a ton of extras 3500.00
Old 02-27-2007, 03:52 PM
03GTJC
1st Gear Member

I run with a Vortech and I am very happy I do. Love it.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:52 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: czwalga00gt

Have you ever driven a KB on the street? I cant get traction with my centri under 45 mph, even with nittos. With a KB it would be even worse. My friend has a built KB, not the same as a basic 2v, but you can punch at 2k rpms and just roast the tires.... its nice having about 3k rpm range where you can atleast kinda get on it without roasting them.
You need some suspension!

Trust me, it will be the best 700 or so you spend on the car!
Old 02-27-2007, 03:56 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

I cant get traction with my centri under 45 mph, even with nittos.
did you swap gears?..
Old 02-27-2007, 04:00 PM
Nthe11s
1st Gear Member

+1 Suspension well make all the difference in the world.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:02 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

I think people have a misconception about centri cars.

People seem to think that a centri car has lag like a turbo... it does not. Start off at 3000+ in any gear and the car instantly builds boost.

And in 1st/2nd gear, you can start out well under 3000 and it will instantly pull to redline, simply because the car is still making ALOT more power down low than before (I made more power at 3000 RPM with the centri than at any point in the RPM band before the blower, removing vaccum from the intake really helps) and because the gear is so short.

The only bad part about a centri is that it doesn't make boost down low.. but so what? I cannot remeber the last time I started a race at 2000 RPM (why would you? Even a KB car is faster up top than down low in the band) and once you launch the car it never sees that RPM again. So far as driving around and just having fun, believe me its more than enough for that. Its a total rush to drive the car, espcially after driving my crappy DD all week!
Old 02-27-2007, 04:04 PM
99lolagt
2nd Gear Member

I have 3.73s and suspension i have tokico 5 ways and eibach pro kit springs along with subframe connectors.

Quick Reply: daily driver supercharger