4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

vortech mustangs please enter

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 09:29 PM
Fuel
4th Gear Member

Default vortech mustangs please enter

i have a 96 gt that i wanted to put an eaton on, but after a lot of informative information from the guys on this site, it is starting to sound like for the same money i could get a new vortech(or used for even less)

my car is really just a garage queen that only gets out once in a while on the weekends(about 2000 miles/year) but i really want to do some kind of fi. the problem is that i had a 2000 gt that had a v2 vortech on it that was running 9psi and it only dynoed at 310rwhp(bought it with the blower and everything already on it, with all the paperwork). this doesn't impress me very much for this blower.

i was wondering(after all this rambling), what kind of power are u guys running with ur units and how would my car do with all of the mods that i have in my sig

if u are still reading. . . . thanks
Old 03-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Fuel
4th Gear Member

Default RE: vortech mustangs please enter

anyone know what the limit is on these blowers?
Old 03-01-2007, 10:01 PM
DSTANG03
2nd Gear Member

s trim..t trim .....yj trim??? i have a t trim v2 that will put down 26 lbs of boost ill be runnin 18-20 lbs next week
Old 03-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Fuel
4th Gear Member

s trim
Old 03-01-2007, 10:04 PM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fuel

i have a 96 gt that i wanted to put an eaton on, but after a lot of informative information from the guys on this site, it is starting to sound like for the same money i could get a new vortech(or used for even less)

my car is really just a garage queen that only gets out once in a while on the weekends(about 2000 miles/year) but i really want to do some kind of fi. the problem is that i had a 2000 gt that had a v2 vortech on it that was running 9psi and it only dynoed at 310rwhp(bought it with the blower and everything already on it, with all the paperwork). this doesn't impress me very much for this blower.

i was wondering(after all this rambling), what kind of power are u guys running with ur units and how would my car do with all of the mods that i have in my sig

if u are still reading. . . . thanks
I know I don't have a vortech but... When I had my tuner start tuning my car with right around 9psi it only put down around 310-320 rwhp. Do you know what your timing was set at on the 2000? You should have been putting down at least 360 with your vortech at 9psi. The power is in the timing. Mine stated out with low timing and after my a/f ratio was tweaked he started to add timing (all the way to 19*) and I gained 50-60 rwhp with the adjustments to the timing. I would venture to say with PI cams and intake and your other mods in conjunction with a great tune and timing adjustments you'd put down in the neighbor hood of 340-350 rwhp maybe more. Get an intercooler and free up a few more ponies. The non-PI heads are what hurts.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:06 PM
wes ley n the G T
3rd Gear Member

With an S trim with a P.I. swap, at 9psi you should be around 370ish rwhp. You said you had a 2000 GT running 9psi and only dyno'd at 310rwhp? That sounds like a major dumbass tuning that car I'd say. It should be way more than that, even on a bone stock motor.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:07 PM
wes ley n the G T
3rd Gear Member

Damn 04MineralGrey, you beat me! lol I said basically the same thing lol
Old 03-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

dyno results in sig...and thats with my MAF pegging...once i get a new one and add a powerpipe i should be able to see 380-390 with a tune thats still safe. 310 seems wayyyy low...even if the car was totally stock outside of the supercharger and accessories, i would still expect prolly 330ish at least. do you still have the paper work? if so, does it say what kind of duno was used? some dynos run lower numbers than the dynojets i think. mine, and a lot of others, are from a dynojet.

on stock internals with my blower, the v2-sq trim, i would not go above 10 psi. ive heard you can run 12 safely, but thats pretty much the limit, and i wouldnt wanna risk killing my DD.

if my car was a garage queen i would probably go kenne bell. centri will work just fine and youd probably be totally happy, but if you have the money and especially if its not a DD, i would go twin screw probably.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Fuel
4th Gear Member

the 2000 had bbk shorties and catted pipe with flows, 35 lb injectors, and was at 17 degrees timing

but the dyno sheet said that it only saw 8psi of boost and the a/f was at about 10.8:1 after 4300rpm
Old 03-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Fuel
4th Gear Member

yes it was a mustang dyno

and btw i am not going to change to pi heads, yet anyhow

Quick Reply: vortech mustangs please enter