4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

suspension question

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 01:20 AM
yellowgtstang18
4th Gear Member

Default suspension question

Is this a good suspension kit to buy.?? http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=141
Old 03-07-2007, 01:23 AM
^iLLuSiOn^
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: suspension question

i got the non adjustables i didnt want to adjust anything
Old 03-07-2007, 01:28 AM
yellowgtstang18
4th Gear Member

So whats the best suspension upgrades, Non adjustable upper and lower contol arms, Subframe connectors??
Old 03-07-2007, 01:32 AM
97targa
5th Gear Member

Yeah, but for the street it's overkill and a downgrade. With that style "anti-roll" bar you will gain traction and improve your ft times, but you will not gain handling on the street, actually you will lose out! Also unless your putting slicks on and running both street and track tires then the upper adjustables are pointless and a waste of money. If you want improved performance go with the Eibach sway bar kit from StangSuspension for $299 includes front and rear add-on sway bars and they have steeda upper/lower kits too. You get a 5% discount if you enter the coupon code when you buy! They shipped my order out same day and have multiple shipping options! They stock most parts too!
Old 03-07-2007, 01:37 AM
yellowgtstang18
4th Gear Member

ok thanx, also what the best upper and lower control arms to get??
Old 03-07-2007, 01:46 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 97targa

Yeah, but for the street it's overkill and a downgrade. With that style "anti-roll" bar you will gain traction and improve your ft times, but you will not gain handling on the street, actually you will lose out! Also unless your putting slicks on and running both street and track tires then the upper adjustables are pointless and a waste of money. If you want improved performance go with the Eibach sway bar kit from StangSuspension for $299 includes front and rear add-on sway bars and they have steeda upper/lower kits too. You get a 5% discount if you enter the coupon code when you buy! They shipped my order out same day and have multiple shipping options! They stock most parts too!
That company(UPR) makes some good drag racing suspension parts, and again, like all the other posts about suspension, uca's are a waste of money and aftermarket ones would create an even more negative effect in the rear. It's hard to give you a suggestion on what is good for your car without first knowing where your going with it, if your looking for a quick drop with something that gives you a little better handling... then get yourself a bullit kit. if your looking for a drag setup look into some J&M products, the starter of that company used to be a part of MM, and if your looking for a great handling street car, look into either a griggs or a mm coil over setup, ditch the uca's and go for a phb/ta setup and a nice set of lca's. I am going with the latter setup as i am more worried about the way my car handles compared to how slow it is compared to other cars.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:50 AM
97targa
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: yellowgtstang18

ok thanx, also what the best upper and lower control arms to get??
I have Lakewood Traction bars for lowers and Steeda uppers. I only have the steedas because they cam with new Poly axle bushings where most do not!(they make you use your factory mushy rubber)I got the steedas from stangsuspension and the Lakewoods from Summit sttedas were $229 and Lakes were $189

Ohh you also NEED upgraded struts shocks...That will make tremendous diff along with the control arms. You can hit corners harder without the initialsquat of the suspension. Alsoyour slolomwill drastically improve
Old 03-07-2007, 02:05 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

what you should know is with aftermarket uca's you run the risk of the incredibly dangerous snap oversteer....
Old 03-07-2007, 02:07 AM
97targa
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Aereon

what you should know is with aftermarket uca's you run the risk of the incredibly dangerous snap oversteer....
Please explain?
Old 03-07-2007, 02:21 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

the stock setup is designed out of rubber to stretch and allow the uca's to move freely through its drop range, with aftermarket uca's they are either boxxed or urethane, these do little in giving slack to the uca's/axles or torque boxes.. so eventually something will give on one of the corners you turn. That is why when there are alot of people buying torque box reinforcements.
The snap oversteer occurs when you go into any given corner, and the combination of how hard your going into it and the grip of your tires, it will bind up, and once it does, your rear end will swing around and come out from underneath.

Quick Reply: suspension question