4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

rpm outlet

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 01:25 PM
RipTide7
3rd Gear Member

Default rpm outlet

I was searching around online at different sites, checking out who has the best prices an i was checking out rpm outlet, and just from looking at the site, i already dont like them. They vastly overate the horepower gains on everything, i mean seriously, that kinda marketing pisses me off. I know everyone does it and ill tolerate it but 35+RWHP ON A CAT BACK, geeezz. thats just wrong. And they overrate everything on thier site too. When was the last time anyone gained 30+ rwhp with pullies and a plenum/throttle body on thier stock gt, or 30 with a cold air intake and TB/plenum? Makes me feel like theyre tring to rip me off, even if thier prices arent that bad.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:42 PM
red2k1gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: rpm outlet

I know a lot of stuff is rated one 03/04 cobras and they do gain a lot from most things being F/I. Theyre just trying to selll productsto the people that dont know any better.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:46 PM
ponysnake99
4th Gear Member

sell products? i tried to buy something from them...3 times!! and not one of the times was my order or payment processed (thank god) but what should also alarm you is they still sell kenny brown components...and if you didnt know kenny has stopped making any products for right now

[sm=boosign.gif]rpm outlet
Old 03-07-2007, 01:48 PM
red2k1gt
5th Gear Member

I never said they were good at what they do...I've had problems with them too. Theyre trying to take advantage of people who dont know any better and theyre just horrible with regards to every other aspect of their business.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:50 PM
99lolagt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ponysnake99

sell products? i tried to buy something from them...3 times!! and not one of the times was my order or payment processed (thank god) but what should also alarm you is they still sell kenny brown components...and if you didnt know kenny has stopped making any products for right now

[sm=boosign.gif]rpm outlet
I heard kenny brown stopped but i thought that was a rumor. Iam glad i dont buy from RPM outlet.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:55 PM
ponysnake99
4th Gear Member

yeah he's been fighting a very rare strain of pneumonia for the past few years, its just gotten really bad as of late
Old 03-07-2007, 01:57 PM
99lolagt
2nd Gear Member

That sad. That company make good products for our cars.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:55 PM
DrBob
2nd Gear Member

Ya, Kenny Brown closed up shop. Found that out one day when I stoppedby to pick up a strut brace. Drove in the parking lot and nothing but a ghost town. One of the guys that worked for him by the name of Rich has taken over the design and building of his products. I guess he purchased the rights to the designs, not sure about the specifics. I think the name of company is Precision Engineering; I wouldneed to drive by there and see. It is next door to where Kenny Brown was in Indy on Gasoline Alley. I will try to drive by there tonight and see if I can give an update.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

yeah there have been many horror stories about rpmoutlet and their customer service. I have ordered a few things from them in the past and havn't had a problem- guess I got lucky.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:01 PM
99lolagt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DrBob

Ya, Kenny Brown closed up shop. Found that out one day when I stoppedby to pick up a strut brace. Drove in the parking lot and nothing but a ghost town. One of the guys that worked for him by the name of Rich has taken over the design and building of his products. I guess he purchased the rights to the designs, not sure about the specifics. I think the name of company is Precision Engineering; I wouldneed to drive by there and see. It is next door to where Kenny Brown was in Indy on Gasoline Alley. I will try to drive by there tonight and see if I can give an update.
That would be cool if you kept us posted bro. Thanks.

Quick Reply: rpm outlet