4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

THR 99 GT Project: 9 sec 2V GT...Pics up

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 01:10 AM
Texas_Hot_Rods
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: THR 99 GT Project: 9 sec 2V GT...Pics up

When we get them both done, we'll have to call Code and make a date to come terrorize the track 3 deep! Can you say LS What?? They won't have a chance!
Old 03-08-2007, 01:11 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Texas_Hot_Rods

ORIGINAL: mylongvictor

YAY FOR 2V GTs!!!! Now get the Bumboclaat up there! lol
Hey Vic! Your's is heading down for the cage tomorrow too! We are building them both since they are the same year and we're both getting swing out's for the door bars, it's gonna save some time to do the twins together.

Do you want us to try to drop the stock seats and swing a set of lightweight corbeaus instead?
How much are we talking about? Because..... if its all good.... HELL YEA!
Old 03-08-2007, 01:13 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

When we get them both done, we'll have to call Code and make a date to come terrorize the track 3 deep! Can you say LS What?? They won't have a chance!
2Vs UNITE! lol
Old 03-08-2007, 01:15 AM
Texas_Hot_Rods
2nd Gear Member

Well, we sold our stock interior for $150 and the Corbeau Clubmans (19lbs) are only a tick over 2 bills per seat. Here's the link: http://corbeau.com/products/clubman/clubman.shtml
They are light and comfy enough for some road trips!
Old 03-08-2007, 01:16 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Well, we sold our stock interior for $150 and the Corbeau Clubmans (19lbs) are only a tick over 2 bills per seat. Here's the link: http://corbeau.com/products/clubman/clubman.shtml
They are light and comfy enough for some road trips!
Dang...... Immma have to hold off on those..... We only got a little over 2 weeks to get the bumboclaat street worthy and if I'm competiting in Pinks...... She's gotta be a BEAST on the track that wont die or break.

Okay Okay..... If I win some cash...... We'll put that money towards some racing seats! lol.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:28 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

so what all is actually good to pull off for a street car and not full out race??? what metal is not needed for the structure of the car? lol. maybe like power seats and rear seats... then like the truck lining and spare? im trying to think of stuff to pull off to save some weight.... i want my car lighter than a stock convertible... how can i get a race weight of 3200-3300 lbs?
Old 03-08-2007, 01:29 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

so what all is actually good to pull off for a street car and not full out race??? what metal is not needed for the structure of the car? lol. maybe like power seats and rear seats... then like the truck lining and spare? im trying to think of stuff to pull off to save some weight.... i want my car lighter than a stock convertible... how can i get a race weight of 3200-3300 lbs?

Hmmmm.... Do you like A/C, your radio, and your heater????? lol Could drop a few pounds that way!
Old 03-08-2007, 01:43 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mylongvictor

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

Hmmmm.... Do you like A/C, your radio, and your heater????? lol Could drop a few pounds that way!
well.. i love my radio, so its staying. lol. and my heater... i need for winter... yet i never use a/c.. i just put the top down and im good to go. yet.. im not sure if my parents would be too fond of me taking a/c out of my nice car.... if it was like a foxbody with missing paint and stuff they wouldnt mind probably heh
Old 03-08-2007, 02:04 AM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

can i have the ABS unit?...can it be added to a non-ABS car?
Old 03-08-2007, 02:09 AM
Texas_Hot_Rods
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: laserred38

can i have the ABS unit?...can it be added to a non-ABS car?
It would take some work to get it on a non abs car as you would have to add the ABS rings to the hubs up front and the rear axles. I would also have to look into the computer on your car to if had the ABS programing as well. What's your code?