4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

97 bullit suspension questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 10:32 PM
trickdriller
4th Gear Member

Default 97 bullit suspension questions

Alright, I finally got the bullit suspension in my car today. I have a few question about it, though, that I can't answer nor can the guy that helped me. First, when I push on the rear end of the car, it comes up but only just. It is kind of like it is sluggish. I have had this problem before on new suspension and I think it might be something else that is broken from the horrendous roads in northern Virginia. And, no, there isn't more than 20 lbs in the back. Any thoughts on that one??

Also, the front end sits about a half inch higher than the rear. We only noticed this after the install was completly done and can't figure out why just yet. I haven't driven the car much, so I don't know if it will settle into it's hight or not. Any ideas on that one??

Any information on this subject would be great. The suspension feels like it should, stiff as a board, but I just want to make sure everything is alright so I can stop worrying abou it. Thanks in advance for your time.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:16 PM
trickdriller
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 97 bullit suspension questions

bump
Old 03-09-2007, 12:09 AM
trickdriller
4th Gear Member

bump
Old 03-09-2007, 08:48 PM
trickdriller
4th Gear Member

are you friggen serious?! This post has been on the site for almost 24 hours and not one response! I am sure if someone posted a picture of their car, there would be a dozen comments on it in less than an hour. But when someone actually needs help or insight on a subject dealing with MUSTANG TECH, not a single post. This is absurd.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:43 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: trickdriller

are you friggen serious?! This post has been on the site for almost 24 hours and not one response! I am sure if someone posted a picture of their car, there would be a dozen comments on it in less than an hour. But when someone actually needs help or insight on a subject dealing with MUSTANG TECH, not a single post. This is absurd.
They go to a different forum...

My Steeda springs settled another 1/2 inch after a few weeks. Did you install the springs with the end of the coil in the same position/direction at all 4 corners?
Old 03-10-2007, 03:06 AM
trickdriller
4th Gear Member

I don't think so. I installed the back ones in the exact same spot, but the front ones were done more or less in a hurry because we were running out of shop time. Will that help? If I need to, I can go back and do it again. Although, that would kind of suck seeing as that was the hardest part of the install; the front springs. Either way, I'll check when I have it on the lift next week. Thanks for the info, by the way. Any other suggestions?
Old 03-10-2007, 03:41 PM
trickdriller
4th Gear Member

bump, again.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:20 PM
trickdriller
4th Gear Member

bump
Old 03-12-2007, 12:30 AM
trickdriller
4th Gear Member

bump
Old 03-12-2007, 02:17 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

your front sits higher than the rear because i think the bullitt kit has a higher spring rate in the front, but that will change when it settles.

Are you saying that when you press it down the rear end comes up slowly? or is the rear end bobbing up and down?

if it is coming up slowly then it's still because its new and has to be broken in a little, also if you feel like they are broken in then how slow is it coming up?

Quick Reply: 97 bullit suspension questions