4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

My fault, not my car

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 11:48 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Default RE: My fault, not my car

seriously... leave in d and take o/d off, my car is plenty quick when i do that, i only use 1st when i wanna screw around and make my lmII's scream around a block =P, anywho, I've raced a minivan and lost.. lols a friend of mine took a turbo out of an eclipse and a few of his buddies installed and fabbed it up to his moms 05 sienna.. it's funny cause one time we rolled up to a traffic light and the guy in the next lane was driving a camaro, he revved his engine, then my friend let the bov go off, needless to say the camaro tried to take off, but after 15mph in 1st (tiptronic auto) the turbo kicked in and it was lights out=P

fun when you can rape some 2 seaters with a 7 seater family van=P
Old 03-10-2007, 11:52 PM
MoKo_04GT
4th Gear Member

if it makes you feel any better....i raped a prelude tonight....with a HUGE fart can.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:03 AM
04MustangGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: antiv6

why manual shift at all just leave in d
Good question. When you leave it in drive, it's all good. Accept that when it automatically shifts into 2nd it shifts not at its maximum. The max rpm before hitting the redline is 5750 or 5800 rpm's.When shifting it manually at those rpm's (I like to believe that it's 5750rpm's)it makesthe car tires chirp &the car leapsfoward. If you do it right: you'll have a smile from ear to ear [sm=smiley4.gif]. Unlike me who did it WAY wrong..lol. I went into the redzone & totally forgot to shift.[sm=oopssign.gif]

I guarantee this...I will never do that again.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:05 AM
04MustangGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pitt

I was just browsing at a Honda Civic forum and theres a guy on there from Pensilvania bragging that he beat a white GT.......are you in Pensilvania?? (how ever you spell it)
Post the link then so I can reply to him. I'll race him for $200.00 . Oh yeah, and that is how you spell it. Joking!
Old 03-11-2007, 12:15 AM
Pitt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ponyrideGT2004

ORIGINAL: Pitt

I was just browsing at a Honda Civic forum and theres a guy on there from Pensilvania bragging that he beat a white GT.......are you in Pensilvania?? (how ever you spell it)
Post the link then so I can reply to him. I'll race him for $200.00
Lol sorry man I forgot to repost and say I was joking......
If it makes you feel any better, the guy from the civic probably thinks you just let off the gas and let him pass you. I myself do this alot since I dont like to race on the street. If im at a light and theres another car that wants to race, I just take off hard for like 3 seconds and show him my tail lights (if im faster) and then I just let off the gas and let him pass and I continue on my way cruising.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:17 AM
04MustangGT
2nd Gear Member

lmao at your last post, before that u had me check 2 honda forums...
Old 03-11-2007, 12:32 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ponyrideGT2004

ORIGINAL: antiv6

why manual shift at all just leave in d
Good question. When you leave it in drive, it's all good. Accept that when it automatically shifts into 2nd it shifts not at its maximum. The max rpm before hitting the redline is 5750 or 5800 rpm's.When shifting it manually at those rpm's (I like to believe that it's 5750rpm's)it makesthe car tires chirp &the car leapsfoward. If you do it right: you'll have a smile from ear to ear [sm=smiley4.gif]. Unlike me who did it WAY wrong..lol. I went into the redzone & totally forgot to shift.[sm=oopssign.gif][sm=badidea.gif]

I guarantee this...I will never do that again.
Man where did you learn to drive? A stock GT only makes power up 5500 rpms, after that the power starts to drop. For max power you want to shift at 5400 rpms. My wifes GT is an auto and I have the shift points set at 5250 rpms which makes it shift right at 5400. I did firm up the shifts and when it upshifts the tires break loose everytime. You have a computer controlled tranny and trust me the computer is smarter then you when it comes to knowing how and when to shift. Keep it in D then maybe you can beat a civic.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:00 AM
04MustangGT
2nd Gear Member

you're wrong, you shift b4 the redline. it only loses power in the redzone...where did u learn out of a cracker jack box?Shall I show u a pic of how far up the rpm's go to the redline? I already said it was my fault...keep your little wise-*** remarks to yourself
Old 03-11-2007, 01:13 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

You better learn about the f*cking car you are driving you dumb **** before you try to correct me. Judging by your response I know way more about these cars and these engines then you do. I build these engines and race these cars all the time. I tune my own cars and do all my own work on my cars. Do some f*cking research on the powerband of 4.6L 2v engine.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:14 AM
04MustangGT
2nd Gear Member

Go **** yourself. How about that?

Quick Reply: My fault, not my car