4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

For those of you that think street racing is cool

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 06:01 PM
Ryan86272
5th Gear Member

Default RE: For those of you that think street racing is cool

Yes Street Racing is bad. But there are some Stupid people in this world (Not saying he is one of these stupid people). I street Race often but if i see another car about to do a Uturn in my lane or see many cars up ahead, I Stop not like i have a z06 and going 190. I dont Weave Through Traffic im not a Retard.

I agree its dangerous, but i live in Tampa, FL and there are more old people killing people and have people hanging through their windshield and they dont Even know it!!
Old 03-12-2007, 06:05 PM
HOLLYWOOD99
2nd Gear Member

Wow that is the wors wreck that i have ever seen!!

Old 03-12-2007, 06:08 PM
JT76

there is a time and a place for it...middle of the day in a city is not one of these[&:]
Old 03-12-2007, 06:09 PM
99lolagt
2nd Gear Member

This settles it for me. Yesterday i was racing an rx8 on the highway(stupid) I got to 120 and looked at my passenger mirror and caught a glane of my girlfriend sitting next to me. She was scared stiff and at that moment i realized what i was doing. I have plans to marry this woman and start a family together. Its time to grow up and not risk the lives of others or myself for a thrill. Iam gonna keep it on the track and try to teach others the same.
This example may not have had mustangs in it but its the last straw for me. No more street racing.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:12 PM
GT03 TJS
3rd Gear Member

I hope the 60yr old makes it out ok....and I hate to sound like an a$$hole, but I'm glad theres one more idiot off the streets...

I was sitting dead still at a stoplight in january when a f*ckin ricer honda came screaming around the corner, locked up its brakes, smashed into the back of my stang and sent me about 20 ft forward into oncoming traffic where I got slammed again. I got broken ribs, collarbone and left arm, stitches and 3 days in the hospital and obviouslytotalled my car... Honda driver walked away....

if you want to race or drive like an *******, do it at the track....I have no sympathy for people who get hurt or killed as a result of their own poor choices....
Old 03-12-2007, 06:20 PM
02 Ninja
5th Gear Member

No offense Quick Shot and I hope you don't take any. It's really not how the young man lost control. He did and now he is no longer with us and some person mom, grandma and wife is seriously injured because of this. I, as well as you and the others here at MF wish that this post will touch those who think street racing is cool. I was guilty of it at one point and time, so I can't say much about the young man who lost his life. What I can say is that I learned my lesson before a tragedy like this one happened. I hope the vehicle that he was racing takes a long hard look at this situation because he is as much to blame for this accident as the young man who lost his life. My prayers go out to both families.
ORIGINAL: Quick Shot xMLx

How did he lose control? I don't quite understand how people wreck in a straight line unless they don't slow down when there is a car in front of them.

Hope the 60 year old doesn't die. It sucks being an innocent bystander. That is one thing that worries me while I drive. The fact that I can be doing everything right and some tool can hit and kill/hurt me
Old 03-12-2007, 06:20 PM
203Mach1ne
4th Gear Member

anybody know who or what I have to talk to / do in order to try and get a dragstrip closer to my area?
Old 03-12-2007, 06:24 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

ORIGINAL: 203Mach1ne

anybody know who or what I have to talk to / do in order to try and get a dragstrip closer to my area?
start saving lots of money
Old 03-12-2007, 06:24 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Quick Shot xMLx

How did he lose control? I don't quite understand how people wreck in a straight line unless they don't slow down when there is a car in front of them.

Hope the 60 year old doesn't die. It sucks being an innocent bystander. That is one thing that worries me while I drive. The fact that I can be doing everything right and some tool can hit and kill/hurt me
From what the paper said they were racing at a high rate of speed and the guy in the tiberon lost control and started spinning. He spun across the turning lane (6 lane road) and slammed into the old lady in the caddy. She didn't even see it comming because there were no skid marks from her trying to stop or turn.

I put this on here so everybody knows the consequenses of street racing. Some of you have said its ok as long as you do it on a side road and you are wrong. You can still kill yourself and others. A track is a controled enviroment with all the rescue and safety people there to hel you in a crash. Grow up. It is not cool to race on the street and I hope all states make laws that will put street racers in prison for a very long time.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:29 PM
ratherBracin
1st Gear Member

I don't think there is a person you can talk to. Drag stips are not normally publically owned. So this is not something you can do a whole lot about, unless you talk to the City about getting a low interest loan to open your own track and help keep street racers off the streets.

Quick Reply: For those of you that think street racing is cool