4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

How to beat a Cobra?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 09:15 PM
Hound11
2nd Gear Member

Default How to beat a Cobra?!?!

Ok, my friend has an 03 Terminator, and is always talkin crap about how slow my GT is and this and that. We was even at malibu speed zone, and he made a joke about it in front of a bunch of chics. It ran me pretty hot, but there wasnt nothing that I could do about it. Its not like my car is anywhere as fast as his. So the question is, what do I need to do to smoke his a*s? Im already thinking about a supercharger in the summertime, what type of SC should I get,what else could I do, and Nitrous is out of the question.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:22 PM
antiv6
5th Gear Member

Default RE: How to beat a Cobra?!?!

if you have a close to stock gt he should kill you in a race if you were holding your own he cant drive. Just get a procharger and toast him unless he gets some driving lessons or a pulley swap ur good. but spending 4k+ dollars to beat someone in a race is dumb, you should have just said "well you have 150 more hp then me and barely beat me you need to learn how to drive"
Old 03-15-2007, 09:27 PM
kendiesel
2nd Gear Member

If u cant beat his car than u should just beat him. He's making u look like a chump in front of some chics to make himself look better. Need new friends mod is what u need.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:28 PM
Hound11
2nd Gear Member

We've never actually raced, just been on the highway just playin around. He's a pretty good driver. My first experience in a Cobra was in his ride, and I was def impressed. I think that he's gonna get a pulley swap, bc he was talkin bout gettin one the last time I was home.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:28 PM
02 Ninja
5th Gear Member

Your friends a dumb ***! If he feels he has to bad mouth you in front of some peice of *** to be cool. What a dick. Yes, his car is suppose to beat you because it's a terminator and your's is a GT. Don't waste your time trying to compete with him. If you want to mod your car, do so, but do it at your pace!
Old 03-15-2007, 09:32 PM
gill7784
2nd Gear Member

I have whalloped several 03/04 Cobras. It is NOT the holy grail of racing. It's a fairly simple equation, actually. Mustang GT + gears + KB 1.7/2.1 + dyno = spanked cobra. If he mods his Cobra, it's a harder order to fill.

Don't build your GT to beat a single car. Build it to learn and have fun. There is nothing like the satisfaction of ripping your car apart and building it in a way that makes you happy. Personal satisfaction > performance.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:33 PM
Quick Shot xMLx
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 02 Ninja

Your friends a dumb ***! If he feels he has to bad mouth you in front of some peice of *** to be cool. What a dick. Yes, his car is suppose to beat you because it's a terminator and your's is a GT. Don't waste your time trying to compete with him. If you want to mod your car, do so, but do it at your pace!
+1 I'm sure that extra 12k in MSRP when they came out has something to do with it. He sounds like an ******* anyway. Sure his car is faster it cost more
Old 03-15-2007, 09:34 PM
blownbayou
3rd Gear Member

I can let you borrow my Lightning if you want

Bolt you a KB on top of the block and whoop 'em

Later
Old 03-15-2007, 09:38 PM
Hound11
2nd Gear Member

Yea, im def building my car for my own personal enjoyment. I love the way the SC's whine!
Old 03-15-2007, 09:55 PM
ih8chevy
5th Gear Member

wow this is horrible all u people hating on termy's wtf is up wit that. who cares what the kid said he was probably just bustin *****. no big deal, get over it. it happens. but for real though if u truly want to beat one ur gonna need alot. probably a forged bottom end than a kb2.1 and stage 2 cams and that will spell one hell of a time for that cobra. but all the same we should not be trying to beat hte members of our own team. god we sound like the philadelphia sports teams here.

Quick Reply: How to beat a Cobra?!?!