4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Supercharger Questions????

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 01:21 AM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharger Questions????

i just got my Vortech V2 and wow i beat an 03-04 cobra and 2 LS1's and none of which were stock. i havent looked back. some people swear by brands but to me it dont matter. they all make great power. i personally like the centri for the driveability but thats just me. i recomend vortech but thats just my .02
Old 03-20-2007, 01:21 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

3.4L Whipple FTW!
Old 03-20-2007, 01:28 AM
03IronPony
1st Gear Member

What brands make twin screw besides KBand Whipple?
Old 03-20-2007, 01:29 AM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

saleen, eaton, and i think paxton but not sure on paxton
Old 03-20-2007, 01:38 AM
03IronPony
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JJ03MustangGT

i just got my Vortech V2 and wow i beat an 03-04 cobra and 2 LS1's and none of which were stock. i havent looked back. some people swear by brands but to me it dont matter. they all make great power. i personally like the centri for the driveability but thats just me. i recomend vortech but thats just my .02
Is your V2 the high-output with the aftercooler or is it the standard model
Old 03-20-2007, 01:43 AM
LetThePoniesRunFree
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03IronPony

I have an 03 GT 5 speed, I am looking around for superchargers and I was Just Curious to what you guys think are the best brand and or style? I like Vortech it seems to have the best numbers for the price.Do you think that the screw style superchargers are better, they seem to be quite a bit more expensive? I do not want to dog out go the cheap way, but i dont want to spend an arm anda leg either.Another question i have seen people who have put 42lb injectors along with the blower usually the kits come with 38lb injectors, are the larger injectors a must have or more of a waste. Any Information or opinions are great.

I have another question this may be stupid but i see people talking about using a larger MAF, what exactly is a MAF?
I'm a little biased towards the KB. Yes, it's expensive. Yes, it's harder to install than a centrifugal blower. Yes, it's sweet as hell.

You'll have to address fuel issues with any FI, (forced induction),kit you decide to go with. I'm running 36lb/hr injectors at well over 400rwhp with a KB boost-a-pump. Of all of the problems I've had tuning the car, not having enough fuel wasn't one of them. Simply changing out to a larger injector with out any otherchangeswill not nessaceraly fix a lean condition.The reason people up-grade to a larger Mass Air Flow Sensor with FI is the stock MAF isn't large enough to accommodate the added air flow a FI car demands. Up-grading to a larger MAF and re-tuning the ECU to accommodate it allows for better tunability and high HP numbers. It gets way more in depth than that, but you get the point. Oh, and about the KB "whining", the new 2.1 is pretty damn quiet as far as twin-screws/roots go.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:47 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

ORIGINAL: LetThePoniesRunFree

Oh, and about the KB "whining", the new 2.1 is pretty damn quiet as far as twin-screws/roots go.
doesn't it scream at all under WOT?
Old 03-20-2007, 01:54 AM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

i have the mongoose kit...no cooler. i will have one next month though. my tuner said with his blower cam and a cooler of my choice ill be at 450 no problem. right now im at 10 psi and runnin strong. my girlfreind was behind me and the cobra. it was close but i won by about a car length. we raced twice and both times the outcome was the same. that honestly made everthing worth while. ill have to get a couple videos up.

ORIGINAL: JJ03MustangGT

Is your V2 the high-output with the aftercooler or is it the standard model
Old 03-20-2007, 02:25 AM
03IronPony
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LetThePoniesRunFree

I have an 03 GT 5 speed, I am looking around for superchargers and I was Just Curious to what you guys think are the best brand and or style? I like Vortech it seems to have the best numbers for the price.Do you think that the screw style superchargers are better, they seem to be quite a bit more expensive? I do not want to dog out go the cheap way, but i dont want to spend an arm anda leg either.Another question i have seen people who have put 42lb injectors along with the blower usually the kits come with 38lb injectors, are the larger injectors a must have or more of a waste. Any Information or opinions are great.

I have another question this may be stupid but i see people talking about using a larger MAF, what exactly is a MAF?
I'm a little biased towards the KB. Yes, it's expensive. Yes, it's harder to install than a centrifugal blower. Yes, it's sweet as hell.

You'll have to address fuel issues with any FI, (forced induction),kit you decide to go with. I'm running 36lb/hr injectors at well over 400rwhp with a KB boost-a-pump. Of all of the problems I've had tuning the car, not having enough fuel wasn't one of them. Simply changing out to a larger injector with out any otherchangeswill not nessaceraly fix a lean condition.The reason people up-grade to a larger Mass Air Flow Sensor with FI is the stock MAF isn't large enough to accommodate the added air flow a FI car demands. Up-grading to a larger MAF and re-tuning the ECU to accommodate it allows for better tunability and high HP numbers. It gets way more in depth than that, but you get the point. Oh, and about the KB "whining", the new 2.1 is pretty damn quiet as far as twin-screws/roots go.
I looked at your pics and you have a nice setup with that KB, What additional things did you have to buy along with the kit. The thing is that i dont know everything that i will need to ensure my car drives the best possible. I know there are probably things extra that i may need to buy along with the kit, can you guys help me out with this. Obviously i will need at tune as well
Old 03-20-2007, 02:30 AM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

with the kit i got, my car drives completely stock until the throttle is mashed to the floor, then it becomes the monster that it should be. i drove 5 hours from atlanta and got about 20 miles to the gallon with a good bit of racing along there too. i drive my car alot and honestly i luv having the stock affect but still being able to punch it when needed. think of it as nitrous that doesnt end. all you need is the MPH mongoose kit and your set.

Quick Reply: Supercharger Questions????