4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Smoked headlights description

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 01:00 AM
97modifiedmustangGT
4th Gear Member

Default Smoked headlights description

I just got my headlights today and I am trying to figure out if they are smoked. First of all there is no order form in the box or anything. On the box with the headlamps in them, all they say is crystal headlamp 95-98 mustang.

They look like they have clear lenses but the background on them are black. They kind of have crystal lookin things on the sides. I am confused, and want to know if I got the right thing. They just don't look as dark as I thought they would be. Anyone clear this up for me? Thanks
Old 03-22-2007, 01:03 AM
97targa
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Smoked headlights description

Yeah you got China Made clear not smoked lenses. The Black backround gives them a "smoked" appearance. I bought the same ones!..lol Make sure you don't tighten them down too much or that cheap rubber surround will peel off after only a month or so! Especially with the side markers!
Old 03-22-2007, 01:12 AM
97modifiedmustangGT
4th Gear Member

well where can I get the smoked lense headlights? Anyway how do the china one look? Are they worth keeping?

I thought something was up[:@]
Old 03-22-2007, 01:25 AM
Hash06
4th Gear Member

my friend has those headlights, they don't look bad but i like the actual somked ones better
Old 03-22-2007, 01:25 AM
97modifiedmustangGT
4th Gear Member

do you guys think that these would be the same lights?

http://www.stangmods.com/PhotoGaller...=2#largerphoto

http://blueovalindustries.bluekeyinc...ts.php?pid=741

I got mine from stangmods and they look really good in the pictures but look a little different in person.
It's kind of a bad picture from Blueovalindustres, I think they might be trying to make it look like they are darker than they actually are.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:29 AM
97targa
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 97modifiedmustangGT

do you guys think that these would be the same lights?

http://www.stangmods.com/PhotoGaller...=2#largerphoto

http://blueovalindustries.bluekeyinc...ts.php?pid=741

I got mine from stangmods and they look really good in the pictures but look a little different in person.
It's kind of a bad picture from Blueovalindustres, I think they might be trying to make it look like they are darker than they actually are.
The Blue Oval ones are nice. I likem they are smoked! Are yours that you just got have a metal backing to them or are they plastic? I have metal backs! Also you will have to break apart and cut your plastic housing thats bolted to your frame which holds your headlamps in place! I wasn't happy bouyt that but yes they look nice and are straight as can be! No alignment issues whatsoever as that's what I was afraid of!
Old 03-22-2007, 01:31 AM
Hash06
4th Gear Member

yeah those are the ones i am thinking of. if you don't like them just send them back saying you thought you were getting something diffrent
Old 03-22-2007, 01:49 AM
97targa
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hash06

yeah those are the ones i am thinking of. if you don't like them just send them back saying you thought you were getting something diffrent
depending where he bought them, if it was ebay most places charge about $40 for shipping and that's no-refundable. You know damn well they are playing the game to save money on ebay fees! They should have to show proof of shipping costs as a monthly thing to stay on ebay! It would be fairest for everyone so there would be no complaining!..lol
Old 03-23-2007, 01:43 AM
97modifiedmustangGT
4th Gear Member

The Blue Oval ones are nice. I likem they are smoked! Are yours that you just got have a metal backing to them or are they plastic? I have metal backs! Also you will have to break apart and cut your plastic housing thats bolted to your frame which holds your headlamps in place! I wasn't happy bouyt that but yes they look nice and are straight as can be! No alignment issues whatsoever as that's what I was afraid of!
Yeah I have the plastic backing. And what do you mean cut away plastic pieces on my old headlamps? is it hard, can it damage something? You never really specified if you have smoked headlights but i assumed you did andif you do can you post me up a pic of them. thanks
Old 03-23-2007, 01:48 AM
gt96stang
5th Gear Member

Blue oval smoked headlight/foglight combo....this was before my concealment side marker bulbs..

Quick Reply: Smoked headlights description