4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Car got a PJ!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 03:14 AM
mattmoto441
3rd Gear Member

Default Car got a PJ!!

Well a few days ago i was searching the web and got to looking at the blower porting that is out there and found that it looked simple and a bit easy so i decided to do my own with all mine and my dads experience with porting motorcycles and car intakes and superchargers on cars and bikes it would be a easy quick job. So this is how it went down.

Monday = i woke up about noon ISH and had a talk with my dad and told him what i was thinking and he said 'lets get it done" and so i went to pulling off the blower (witch took me only about a hour & half) and dissembled the whole thing, got a idea of what i was going to do took a few pics and called it a day,

Tuesday = i go to my shop and me and my dad took a good look at what we had and seen many flaws in the Plenum where there where two tabs restricting the air flow and its rough surfaces, so i got on taking those tabs out and opening it up a bit, while my dad was planning out what we where going to do with the blower casings and plotted out what we where going to do, after i got the Plenum me and him got on the blower casings cutting and cleaning it up, we got are port and Polish jobs done, and took a few pics and called it a day

Plenum b4 porting

Plenum one side cut, NOT polished

Plenum both sides cut, NOT polished

Blower Case Ported and polished

2day = wednesday = Went to the are shop and i got started on putting the blower back 2gether and slapping it back on the Snake, got it done in about 1-2 hours started it up and could deff. Tell that the car had more of a whine at idle and the throttle response was much crisper and faster, also the boost gage would peg lots lots faster, took it out for a drive and its even more of a tire killer it pulls way harder from idle to the redline :shock: I am so stoked about this i cant wait until i hit up the DYNO and see what's she's putting down now
Old 03-22-2007, 03:22 AM
SINISTER
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Car got a PJ!!

As I'm sure you know, you better get that tuned ASAP. Also, you may not want to romp into the throttle too much until it gets tuned.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:36 AM
HOLLYWOOD99
2nd Gear Member

Hmm. I have done port work before, never on a blower though. this is pretty interesting, definitely somthing to take into concideration when i start my motor build.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:52 AM
crazyhorse
3rd Gear Member

congratulations. is this pretty simple?
Old 03-22-2007, 05:00 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Thats some damn fine work there, I cant wait to see the dyno numbers.
If you want to risk it show us some dyno numbers before the tune and after

Just think about all the more power you can free up if you get the Accufab elbow and Oval TB.

If I sent the blower case your way how much would you guys charge to open it up like that?

-Eric-
Old 03-22-2007, 05:07 AM
97targa
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SINISTER

As I'm sure you know, you better get that tuned ASAP. Also, you may not want to romp into the throttle too much until it gets tuned.
I doubt a little port work will screw anything up! Especially if he already has it tuned for the blower in the first place. The only thing hurting him is not getting the full potential outta the port job by retuning! Might pick up a few hp4-5but the torque should be noticeable atleast 10-15ft/lbs
Old 03-22-2007, 06:27 AM
geetee03
5th Gear Member

nice work, that should make a ginormous difference!
Old 03-22-2007, 12:28 PM
Triisomy21
4th Gear Member

That's awesome that you had the ***** to do that! Good stuff!!
Old 03-22-2007, 12:39 PM
BadSnake711
2nd Gear Member

Wow bro. Looks nice, good work man!
Old 03-22-2007, 09:55 PM
mattmoto441
3rd Gear Member

it all worked out real good

Quick Reply: Car got a PJ!!