4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Wax On...Wax Off

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 06:07 AM
03GTType
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Wax On...Wax Off

Wow your car looks really really white![8D]
Old 03-26-2007, 07:41 AM
NORMAN99
2nd Gear Member

Good job on the wax.......keep that white ness clean!!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2007, 08:02 AM
tool fan
2nd Gear Member

I did not notice anything when i put my Neuspeed stickers on(J/k)........ I was promised a 400hp beast with that mod alone. Maybe I just wasn't looking for it.

I feel ya bro' I just replaced my ball joints and i swear I feel 100% improvent in the performance, steering and suspension wise. To the regular joe that did not know, they would feel nothing. But it is all about how your car makes YOU feel. It is not like you came in here bragging that taking off the air silencer (whatever the hell that is) gave you an additional 45 hp
Old 03-26-2007, 09:13 AM
93 FHP SSP
4th Gear Member

Nice!
Old 03-26-2007, 09:26 AM
03fireredstang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ponyrideGT2004

I can only speak for myself. Wish I could help you out. I believe, in mine, the original filter is still in. I replaced nothing and did nothing to my car...YET!!
I am waiting to pick up a K&N though, if my check would ever make it to my mail box [:@]. And my first MOD will be 3.73s
get 4.10s instead
Old 03-26-2007, 11:39 AM
04MustangGT
2nd Gear Member

No to the 4.10s [8D], and yes to the 3.73s. And thanks all for the props.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:45 AM
04MustangGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 97targa

What kind of friggin post is this for 4.6L Tech??? This needs to be moved to DETAILING!!!!
You act like I am the only one that ever did a post on 4.6L Tech about waxing his car. Did you notice the other little tid bits I added? [8D]And whatever one else says my car can't do. I don't listen to those idiots because they're jealous. God forbid if I feel an improvement in my car. It's alright though, I am done with this site. To all the friendlies good luck with your rides. And to the critics..."Nobody like critics."

I found what I was looking for and that's a stang club in my area, and the few friendlies that are here. Hopefully that the friendlies here will keep in touch. I'll be back to look at tech articles.

Too the guy who wants to know how to remove the silencer...it's posted on the top of this thread under...Tech articles & How to's.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:52 AM
undecided.steve
4th Gear Member

Maybe it only gained a 1/2hp or .0000000000000001hp , but I still notice the difference. Whatever you all might think. I love how people, who never even drove in my car (reguardlessif your Mustang is stock, same year, & same colorlike mine or modified like mine isn't) , can tell me what my car can and can notdo. Maybe I picked up experience after taking it (the filter)off, I don't know. I still notice a difference. Tell me I don't notice anything, how dare you [:@]! It could be that I'veturned the traction control button off, too.
****ing hell it's not like I came in here bragging about it. I was just relating a story.
Read my thread "I just had to try it".

I would have bet my left ******** that the K&N I just installed wouldn't have made any difference, and I already had the silencer removed.
But it did, at least in my car.
Nothing dramatic, but the engine just seems lighter and snappier with the throttle.
It also sounded different compared to the stock paper filter, even with the silencer removed on both of them

Now the question is at what cost?
I'm going to keep an eyeball on the intake and MAF for signs of contamination and see what happens.
For now, I'm a happy camper!
Old 03-26-2007, 11:53 AM
04MustangGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: undecided.steve

Maybe it only gained a 1/2hp or .0000000000000001hp , but I still notice the difference. Whatever you all might think. I love how people, who never even drove in my car (reguardlessif your Mustang is stock, same year, & same colorlike mine or modified like mine isn't) , can tell me what my car can and can notdo. Maybe I picked up experience after taking it (the filter)off, I don't know. I still notice a difference. Tell me I don't notice anything, how dare you [:@]! It could be that I'veturned the traction control button off, too.
****ing hell it's not like I came in here bragging about it. I was just relating a story.
Read my thread "I just had to try it".

I would have bet my left ******** that the K&N I just installed wouldn't have made any difference, and I already had the silencer removed.
But it did, at least in my car.
Nothing dramatic, but the engine just seems lighter and snappier with the throttle.
It also sounded different compared to the stock paper filter, even with the silencer removed on both of them

Now the question is at what cost?
I'm going to keep an eyeball on the intake and MAF for signs of contamination and see what happens.
For now, I'm a happy camper!
+1
Old 03-26-2007, 12:06 PM
04MustangGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

ORIGINAL: uberstang1

Lookin good, but hehehe u think ur over doing the gains u got from removing the air silencer, i don't think its enough to make a noticable difference
I am able to spin the tires alot longer (no power braking) from the start, just from punching it. Yes, I would consider that a noticable difference.
I'm glad it feels better, but its all in your head. Replace the entire pacakage from the filter all the way to the upper plenum and your still only talking about maybe 15 WHP on a otherwise stock car (maybe). The silcencer is a 2 WHP mod at best.
Did u ever consider that those 2whp might make my car hole shots better? Or are you the great know it all of the Mustang world?

p.s. That goes to all the critics here who are totally on the wrong page, I am not going to waste my time replying to all of you

Quick Reply: Wax On...Wax Off