4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Don't let this happen to you!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 07:35 AM
NORMAN99
2nd Gear Member

Default Don't let this happen to you!!!!!!

This is what happens to your ride while stuck behind a truck hauling gravel on the freeway!!!!!!!!!!!

Im so pissed....NORMAN needs a face lift now!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2007, 07:41 AM
DeltaV
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Don't let this happen to you!!!!!!

Oh sh it dude that sucks! Could you not pass him or what?
Old 03-26-2007, 07:43 AM
NORMAN99
2nd Gear Member

It was a freakin construction zone of 55...............with no passing...
Old 03-26-2007, 07:50 AM
tool fan
2nd Gear Member

Well, I would imagine that the truck company should be liable, you got a licence plate number right???
Old 03-26-2007, 07:55 AM
NORMAN99
2nd Gear Member

I tried to go that route, unfortunately there is a claus NOWthat protects truck truck drivers from incidents like this..........[]
Old 03-26-2007, 08:09 AM
tool fan
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NORMAN99

I tried to go that route, unfortunately there is a claus NOWthat protects truck truck drivers from incidents like this..........[]
No way.....impossible, I would demand to see that clause, the driver maybe excused because it is not his choice as to what he/she hauls, but surely the company can be held liable. And on second thought, the driver should be able to be held accountable as well, especially if he was driving like an A$$hole.

So if you a trailing a truck that is carrying lumber and a piece falls out and comes through your windshield causing you to crash, the company could not be held liable??? I call BULL ****!!! These companys have supplemental insurance just for these types of situations. Norman..... NEVER TAKE THE FIRST NO!!!!
Old 03-26-2007, 08:23 AM
NORMAN99
2nd Gear Member

It is some stupid *** Cali claus that classifies this as normal debris. Now like you said of a log comes loose, or a trailor, that is not normal debris and yes the Company or driver will pay the damages.....[&o]. Im just SOL,,,i better go to MACCO...
Old 03-26-2007, 08:38 AM
SmallFeesh
3rd Gear Member

Norman is right... they got the same thing out here in Vegas... to many people were claiming rock damage to cars and windshields! Now if a piece of lumber or something falls off a truck that is different! Improper load securing! Best thing to do is stay well away from rock trucks, lifted trucks, basically anything high with large tires! Rock Trucks obviously being the worst!

Norman... might I sugest Scotch Gaurd Paint Protection Film! I saw it a few years ago at Sema, and have seen it since on many high dollar, street rod, and customs! It is barely noticeable, you really can't see it unless you are looking for it! It is however pricey.... but so is a paint job! My friend had his 06' Stang out for 3 days... not even 1000 miles on the car and he already had 2 paint chips on the front! WELL worth it if you ask me! I will DEFINATLEY be getting it once I get my car painted! The link is below.... there are other company's out there... but 3M is such a large company I would trust them over knockoff brands!

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...gard-PPF/Home/
Old 03-26-2007, 09:09 AM
93 FHP SSP
4th Gear Member

Sorry about your stang. Man that sucks.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:30 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

That sucks man, but we have the same thing in Fla too. The trucks even have a little bumper sticker on the back too... I have a bunch of little hood chips from so much highway driving that I had to do for a while... it really sucks

Quick Reply: Don't let this happen to you!!!!!!