4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

I'm new- If this was your car...What would you do to it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 01:21 PM
04MustangGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I'm new- If this was your car...What would you do to it?

3.73 and then twin turbos. that'll get the ricers putting it in reverse...Sounds like you're rich with all the other cars u had ( I could be wrong)...so hook it up. Make sure you get a peformance shop to do it (even if you gotto transport it 300 miles away) and not your local small town mechanic...lol . Unless your town mechanicbuilds muscle cars of his/her own.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:03 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Get exhaust, at least a catback and X or H pipe. Then get gears/tuner (get 4.10's). I just got 4.10's and love them on my 02 auto.

Definitely get a grill delete and chin spoiler. They make a big difference on your front end for around $150.

Don't lower the car as long as you are living in Desoto! hahaaa...I know them streets and those dips.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:20 PM
Slow02GT

See signature
Old 03-31-2007, 03:21 PM
IROLLSALEEN
2nd Gear Member

wanna race
Old 03-31-2007, 03:26 PM
04BlueGT
5th Gear Member

Umm, before we throw out every mod under the sun that can be done, let us know what kind of budget you have and over what period of time you plan on spending that budget.

In general, gears and a tuner will wake up your car pretty quick, but depending on how much they charge you for the install, you're looking at over $700 for that little upgrade. As far as exhaust, there are sooo many options. Do YOU want it loud all the time, only at full throttle, or something in between? Loud usually means DRONE on the highway, so consider yourself warned.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:00 PM
tsmith63020

Awesome. Thank's for the ideas...But remember, I am female brained (is that a word lol) so I need more basic explanations...

Here's the deal...I want the rice driving kids off my back...Or at least left at the stoplight while I go on about my day. You know...I'm a girl, but I DO appreciate a nice car, and I want to keep it that way. Loud helps lol, even if it is purely egotistical....Exhaust...Somewhere in between, but of course, I want it to sound mean.

And who knows about De Soto? LOL Yep...I love the look of them being lowered, but keep in mind...I live in a tiny, craphole town 45 minutes south of St. Louis with the crappiest roads. And you are right, there are dips all over. The bottom of my old TA felt it. That said, Missouri has some kick *** back roads. The kind where it's just you and your car, and they stretch for miles. Rarely cops, but of course, I am a girl, so I have the advantage over cops that you men don't! (Shameless, I know.)

LOL Not rich...If I were I'd be at Baretts bidding on 66 and 69 Fastbacks all day long... Or I would have gotten a brand new one. They ARE beautiful. I worked long crappy summers as a teen at the local DQ (LOL) and saved up for the TA. The De Lorean was a gift because nobody thought I'd graduate high school- LOL I hated it so!!! I still have the De Lorean, and keep it in great shape. It's a weird car, but I'm weird too, so I digress....

The budget...Not never ending. I can afford about 800 dollars a month in upgrades over the course of six months...But that's absolutely max.

Thank's for your help. Y'all are awesome.
Amanda
Old 03-31-2007, 04:06 PM
mvr
6th Gear Member

id start with midpipe and catback, then gears, then a few visual things (tint, mach1 stuff, inserts etc etc)
Old 03-31-2007, 04:38 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

I live in Desloge That makes you the closest forum member I have seen on here.

$800 a month on mods isn't bad at all, I'd like to have the same budget! Browse here and find the exhaust setup you like.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:44 PM
tsmith63020

Wow. You're just down the road. Do you know any shops capable of installations?
Old 03-31-2007, 07:13 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tsmith63020

Wow. You're just down the road. Do you know any shops capable of installations?
Installations of what? Exhaust is easy, any shop could do it. PM me if you want info for gears. There is a guy here in town that runs another Mustang site, he is awesome and a dealer for several performance parts. He is the one that just installed my gears and tune.

Quick Reply: I'm new- If this was your car...What would you do to it?