4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

test drove a 07GT the other day

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 04:28 AM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

Default test drove a 07GT the other day

all i have to say is WOW. i love it. rides, handles, drives, corners, turns, brakes, looks, runs, idles... amazing. compare to my car which i got new, and pretty much it still runs like new. not evern close to the S197. over all i am very impressed. power is sooooo smooth. obviously its not a BMW or Benz, but its very nice. it def feels bigger and heavier then our cars. power wise, it kinda feelsa bit quickerthen a new edge GT, but then again i didnt really get on it too much. i cant wait to make the switch.

anyone else test drive one, and what did you think?
Old 03-31-2007, 04:32 AM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: test drove a 07GT the other day

Almost did. Very afraid tobecause I know I would buy one.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:37 AM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

yea after driving it, i want one NOW.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:54 AM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

One of my boys has one. I drove it. It is a hell of a lot smoother, easier, and overall better car to drive compard to the 99-04.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:52 AM
djb1187
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PWORLDSTANG

One of my boys has one. I drove it. It is a hell of a lot smoother, easier, and overall better car to drive compard to the 99-04.
really? what did u think about the power diffrence?
Old 03-31-2007, 11:07 AM
SmallFeesh
3rd Gear Member

My Friend/Roomate has an 06'... I have driven it MANY times... it is OK.. personally... I think it is TOO smooth! Just dosent feel like a Mustang.. feels more like a Lexus! Lol... Im sure some mods would cure that right up... but as it is I like my 2000 better! Mabey Iam just used to my car... As for power... I used to beat him every time when his car was new... now when we get a clean run... that is no one spinning to much or missing a shift... I usually get the jump on him, driver mod mabey?, but he gets me soon enough... gets about a half to a full car length on me... then we equall out with niether pulling... but him ahead. His car is Bone stock, I have Bassani Exaust and the air silencer removed... for what thats worth! Lol.... I am a bit hesitant to power shift, at least into third I am... that is the gear I am more prone to missing.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:36 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SmallFeesh

My Friend/Roomate has an 06'... I have driven it MANY times... it is OK.. personally... I think it is TOO smooth! Just dosent feel like a Mustang.. feels more like a Lexus! Lol... Im sure some mods would cure that right up... but as it is I like my 2000 better! Mabey Iam just used to my car... As for power... I used to beat him every time when his car was new... now when we get a clean run... that is no one spinning to much or missing a shift... I usually get the jump on him, driver mod mabey?, but he gets me soon enough... gets about a half to a full car length on me... then we equall out with niether pulling... but him ahead. His car is Bone stock, I have Bassani Exaust and the air silencer removed... for what thats worth! Lol.... I am a bit hesitant to power shift, at least into third I am... that is the gear I am more prone to missing.
trade cars and race. you driving his would prob put your car a couple more lenghts back.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:50 PM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: djb1187

ORIGINAL: PWORLDSTANG

really? what did u think about the power diffrence?
Power difference?... [&:] Lol. Honestly it felt slow to me. For some reason I wasn't impressed with it at all. Mainly it was that electronic throttle thing they have. It just takes a longer to get the car moving. AND, he has a tune from Brenspeed that dramatically shortened up the throttle response. But I was probably just used to my car. Other than that, I liked everything else about it. It's not a bad car at all.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:06 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

I drove a 06 but it was an auto. I used to work at a car dealership and one day I was bored with no customers so I just took the keys and started test driving everything on the lot. It seemed to have nice power but, nothing to cry home about. Over all I thought it was a smooth ride and the interior just blows any other stang away.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:47 PM
djb1187
5th Gear Member

i actually like the 01-04 interior better than the s197

Quick Reply: test drove a 07GT the other day