4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

PROJECT 700!! (PICS!!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 03:41 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: PROJECT 700!! (PICS!!)

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

How far are you from MPH in atlanta. I am gonna drive 12+ hours there for a tune when my SB goes in.. imo they are simply the best. LOTS of 600+ whp 2vs coming out of there.

On the tensioner, what I do is clamp a GOOD (not cheap) set of vice grips on one of the ribs on the tensioner. Then, I take a set of adjustable jaw pliers, put em on the vice grip, and use that to turn it. Goes on/comes off easy with the right tool.

Get yourself a gatorback belt when you do it, supposed to be the best. I have not had any belt issues but I think I am gonna upgrade soon just for peice of mind (stil on the stock vortech belt).

Fuel wise, I thought the dual pumps/cobra setup was a direct drop in? If that doesn't get it done, get a BAP for the dual tank setup and you should have no problems.

I dunno about the 60 pounders... I think they are about the same price everywhere. MPH has them on their website.
MPH is about 3 hours from me with not muchtraffic... with traffic, 4 hours at most... knoxville is pretty close... they want 400 for a tune for my stang... i was thinking thats kinda pricey cuz my last one cost like 300 including the chip... can i buy the gatorback locally or will i have to get it online??

also, whats a BAP?? is it the dual map thing for the pumps ive heard of?? it is a direct drop if with some modifications to the plastic thing the pump goes in... you have to drill holes in it so it can flow enough fuel into it... also, what would i do about the hosesfor both pumps??

yea, thats the only problem.. those injectors are PRICEY!! lol
Old 04-02-2007, 05:27 AM
DeltaV
3rd Gear Member

I went up to MPH two weeks ago... they are all very nice. I would suggest them because i have heard nothing but good things from Tim and his tuning. That where mine will be in December (procharger, unless you would like to give me your sqwhen you upgrade . I will drive up to knoxville and get it from you!)! Even if it is 400 dollars you want the best, and from what i hear is is one of them. Better to save a little more and get the best than to settle for anything less! Just my advice. Besides that everything looks good!
Old 04-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Triisomy21
4th Gear Member

Jfitz over on the mph forums is selling a barry grant fuel pump. good for 2000hp. Tell those dual cobras to suck it.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Hash06
4th Gear Member

what intake are you going to use? you should drop the money and try out the new trickflow one. not sure if it worth the money though
Old 04-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hash06

what intake are you going to use? you should drop the money and try out the new trickflow one. not sure if it worth the money though
+1 that would be sweet...
Old 04-02-2007, 01:58 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

How far are you from MPH in atlanta. I am gonna drive 12+ hours there for a tune when my SB goes in.. imo they are simply the best. LOTS of 600+ whp 2vs coming out of there.

On the tensioner, what I do is clamp a GOOD (not cheap) set of vice grips on one of the ribs on the tensioner. Then, I take a set of adjustable jaw pliers, put em on the vice grip, and use that to turn it. Goes on/comes off easy with the right tool.

Get yourself a gatorback belt when you do it, supposed to be the best. I have not had any belt issues but I think I am gonna upgrade soon just for peice of mind (stil on the stock vortech belt).

Fuel wise, I thought the dual pumps/cobra setup was a direct drop in? If that doesn't get it done, get a BAP for the dual tank setup and you should have no problems.

I dunno about the 60 pounders... I think they are about the same price everywhere. MPH has them on their website.
MPH is about 3 hours from me with not muchtraffic... with traffic, 4 hours at most... knoxville is pretty close... they want 400 for a tune for my stang... i was thinking thats kinda pricey cuz my last one cost like 300 including the chip... can i buy the gatorback locally or will i have to get it online??

also, whats a BAP?? is it the dual map thing for the pumps ive heard of?? it is a direct drop if with some modifications to the plastic thing the pump goes in... you have to drill holes in it so it can flow enough fuel into it... also, what would i do about the hosesfor both pumps??

yea, thats the only problem.. those injectors are PRICEY!! lol
BAP = Boost-A-Pump from Kenne Bell.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:14 PM
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

Lucky
Old 04-02-2007, 02:42 PM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hash06

i would do that maybe.. but i would make sure people give it good rating and such... and how much power it gives me.. if not, im getting that P-51
Old 04-02-2007, 03:04 PM
antiv6
5th Gear Member

it will be sweet when your done, is your car caged or anything yet?
Old 04-02-2007, 03:08 PM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: antiv6

it will be sweet when your done, is your car caged or anything yet?
if a saleen light bar counts? lol...

but in all seriousness.. after i get the car tuned and running good... i will be to the cage shop... im looking into something like a 6 point cage.

Quick Reply: PROJECT 700!! (PICS!!)