4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

American Muscle SCT tuning

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

Default American Muscle SCT tuning

Just thought I'd pass along the word...

I was curious as to how the quality of support and customer service would be compared to a local tuner. I honestly figured I would "get what I payed for" and be stuck with a XCal only to figure things out myself, well I'd just like to make a point to say that American Muscle has always been there to deal with any issues I've had. I have always recieved a reply to any email I've ever sent, and any problem I've ever had has always been solved, or fixed.

To anyone considering buying an SCT Xcal II or Predator, there is no reason to give more money to anyone else, American Muscle is the way to go, and the customer service can't be beat!

Neil
Old 04-02-2007, 08:41 PM
2002GTAUTOVERT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: American Muscle SCT tuning

this sounds like a sales pitch, but i agree. when i ordered my gear set, i spoke with one of the guys on the phone for about 45 minutes about the differences and benefits in gears didnt rush me or anything, great customer services, and the gears are flawless
Old 04-02-2007, 08:48 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

+1
Old 04-03-2007, 04:01 AM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

yep..
Old 04-03-2007, 04:03 AM
GTowner4life
3rd Gear Member

So which tuner is better? How good are they at tuning compared to other competitive web sites?
Old 04-03-2007, 04:39 AM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GTowner4life

So which tuner is better? How good are they at tuning compared to other competitive web sites?
as far as the tuner goes... well I sold my predator to buy an xcal II. They really have similar features though. The Xcal II is pretty popular, meaning there are more tunes out there.. You can have tunes emailed to you where you then can upload them to your xcal II, then to the car. I guess I like the XCal II better, but diablosport has some very cool products, plus a dam cool logo

On a n/a car, probably the only thing any tuner will do with any car is advance the timing, and set the a/f ratios 1 point lean er so.

Tuning blower cars, or nitrous cars is where you will want an experienced tuner that you know has done quite a few cars with similar mods with good results.

Nice cars by the way..
Old 04-03-2007, 04:50 AM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Quicktime_GT

ORIGINAL: GTowner4life

as far as the tuner goes... well I sold my predator to buy an xcal II. They really have similar features though. The Xcal II is pretty popular, meaning there are more tunes out there.. You can have tunes emailed to you where you then can upload them to your xcal II, then to the car.

On a n/a car, probably the only thing any tuner will do with any car is advance the timing, and set the a/f ratios 1 point lean er so.

Tuning blower cars, or nitrous cars is where you will want an experienced tuner that you know has done quite a few cars with similar mods with good results.
+1, my tuner won't even do a tune for an FI car unless he has it sitting on his dyno so he can monitor the data logger and make adjustments accordingly.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:56 AM
Nitti00GT
4th Gear Member

I've gone up to their wearehouse. They are deff some of the coolest guys I have met. The owner is only 21 and he helped me with any questions I had with my clutch.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:25 AM
iamyourdaddy26
1st Gear Member

i second that i have made a couple stops the the warehouse the people are cool as hell up there and you can deff see mad mustang parts all around you. kind makes you want buy more stuff so i guess it works out both ways.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:14 PM
S1ckStang
2nd Gear Member

yea i ordered my livewire from them and they have great service about 15 mins after placing my order i received a phone call to just go over the details of the tune.

Quick Reply: American Muscle SCT tuning