4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Drove the Stang for the first time!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 02:17 AM
BADSEED
3rd Gear Member

Default Drove the Stang for the first time!!!

Finally, drove my car for the first time in the 10 month's of owning it. i thought driving stick was gonna be a walking the park because im so use to driving the auto's. I drove like complete **** when i first took it out when parents were in the car, but later on that night took it out with my bro's and did just fine. can't wait till it sunny out and it stops drizzling/raining so i can drop the top...
Old 04-03-2007, 02:19 AM
sitnlopro99gt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Drove the Stang for the first time!!!

congrats, just remember when your not using the clutch don't let you foot rest on it at all even the slightest amount or you will burn it up....
Old 04-03-2007, 02:22 AM
97targa
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sitnlopro99gt

congrats, just remember when your not using the clutch don't let you foot rest on it at all even the slightest amount or you will burn it up....
No not really, that's just not good for the Throwout bearing is all!
Old 04-03-2007, 02:23 AM
yourmom6990
4th Gear Member

why the hell did u wait soo long
Old 04-03-2007, 02:29 AM
BADSEED
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: yourmom6990

why the hell did u wait soo long
one reason is because i bought the car when i was 15 before i even had my permit and the other reason is my parents didnt want to lose everything if i got into and accident or killed someone if they had just listed me as a driver on all there cars.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:30 AM
sitnlopro99gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 97targa

its going to affect both either way you put ur foot down on the clutch pedal a little and tell me what you smell just trying to help the 5spd newb out boss
Old 04-03-2007, 02:37 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

here in tennessee you get your permit at 15??
Old 04-03-2007, 02:38 AM
97targa
5th Gear Member

its going to affect both either way you put ur foot down on the clutch pedal a little and tell me what you smell just trying to help the 5spd newb out boss

UMMMM Definately not!!!!!! When you put your foot Slightly on the pedal your simply taking up the slack in the cable and pushing the throwout bearing against the fingers! You have to push the pedal atleast halfway in before the finger allow the disc to begin realeasing, which definatley takes more than setting your foot on the pedal. The most that can happen id he will wear the fingers down sligthly and have a bad throw out bearing that gets stiff to push in! That will take quite some time to do also!!! I'm a mechanic and went to school for this stuff, so don't even sit there and try to argue with me and act like you know what your talkin about!
Old 04-03-2007, 02:46 AM
sitnlopro99gt
4th Gear Member

UMMMM Definately not!!!!!! When you put your foot Slightly on the pedal your simply taking up the slack in the cable and pushing the throwout bearing against the fingers! You have to push the pedal atleast halfway in before the finger allow the disc to begin realeasing, which definatley takes more than setting your foot on the pedal. The most that can happen id he will wear the fingers down sligthly and have a bad throw out bearing that gets stiff to push in! That will take quite some time to do also!!! I'm a mechanic and went to school for this stuff, so don't even sit there and try to argue with me and act like you know what your talkin about!
Sorry for ranting an taking up your space BADSEED but targa you know what I do or what I did?, Don't go assuming just because you went to become ase certified no one else has. I don't write **** on here unless it is from experience so grow up an act like an adult.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:00 AM
CobraStangGT16
5th Gear Member

Yipes! Since when has that bee bad for your throw out bearing....!!! I ALWAYS rest my foot on the clutch. ALWAYS. I do smell what I thought was clutch when I drive, almost everytime. Always the same smell too. My ASE certified uncle told me I have a slight coolant drip, and it gets burned off. Thats the smell.

But lately, my clutch pedal has been harder and harder to push in. It even squeaks when I push in.

Nice car BADSEED. I'm 16 with a GT, so I know you will enjoy it. I learned stick on my car as well, and all you need is practice. No matter how much everyone tells you on the forums, all you need is time behind the wheel to get in tune with your clutch. Just get the right movement and combination, and you will stop bogging without even knowing it in like 2 months. I've been driving my GT since August 06 and I take off fine everytime.

Quick Reply: Drove the Stang for the first time!!!