4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

is $3000 worth it???

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 03:01 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Default RE: is $3000 worth it???

It wont be bad, just I dunno if anyone on here has experience with them. If you want a major increase in handling, get yourself a panhard bar. Steeda and UPR are pretty much the same, however to me steeda is more a bunch of frills, if you look on their site its more dress up than perf, and most of their parts are similar to oem...
If you wanna save yourself a bit of install costs, since your installing a coil over kit, your lca's will be easy for the shop to replace, upgrade those as well. But before you go and spring for some uca's please do some research, I would state my opinion of them but noone believes me. Good place to check out for handling mods is corner-carvers.com
Old 04-03-2007, 03:02 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattofiesh

sorry for the sp(handling)

what spring rate and length spring did you go with?? something like a 12" with a 300 is good for handling... a 14" 175lb is good for drag racing..
Old 04-03-2007, 03:04 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattofiesh

i live in Pa, weall have to get them done? i am emmisions exempt because of low miles hahaha
i dont have emissions down here in tennessee... and there is no way in hell i can expect my car to pass them... lol... no cats at all and probably is pushing lots of polutants out which is good. lol... im the reason for global warming.. hah...
Old 04-03-2007, 03:06 AM
mattofiesh
2nd Gear Member

im not sure about the spring rate (one of the reasons of paying $60 per hour) but thanks
Old 04-03-2007, 03:07 AM
mattofiesh
2nd Gear Member

nice
Old 04-03-2007, 03:10 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

well do you drag race more or like to take the turns more? if so... there is your answer on which one would be good to go.. maybe even like a 12" with a 350lb spring would be good.. that thing will be real tight in the turns....

reason i ask is im going to be getting a UPR k member kit and im getting 2 different spring rates.. some 14" 175's for the track.. and im not sure on the street handling ones yet...

i would say the panhard bars are a great investment also for handling, but i cant vouch for that as mine is sitting in the garage right by the motor.. but its lookin pretty good...
Old 04-03-2007, 03:15 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

well do you drag race more or like to take the turns more? if so... there is your answer on which one would be good to go.. maybe even like a 12" with a 350lb spring would be good.. that thing will be real tight in the turns....

reason i ask is im going to be getting a UPR k member kit and im getting 2 different spring rates.. some 14" 175's for the track.. and im not sure on the street handling ones yet...

i would say the panhard bars are a great investment also for handling, but i cant vouch for that as mine is sitting in the garage right by the motor.. but its lookin pretty good...
quit waisting time posting and get to installing^^ I'll let you guys know what my suspension setup looks like soon, just waiting till wednseday till the rest of my parts come in.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:18 AM
97targa
5th Gear Member

Thats a bunch of money to dump into an SN95 on just that kinda stuff! Any kind of coil over kit will improve handling, but you won't beable to tell if the lowered springs made that happen or if the coil over did. I would say if you drive on the street and take a few har corners then get the cobra brake kit and get lowering springs. Forget about the whole coil conversion thing. Waste of $$$$$$$ compared to what your car is worth. If you drag race, then get the kmember and coil over set-up. I would def get bumpsteer and C/C plates with lowering kit. If you don't get K-member then have them replace the bushings in the Lower control arms and also the Balljoints. Get the X2's. DON"T get poly bushings for the front the squeek alot. Just get factory replacements or ones that have Delrin/poly mix
Old 04-03-2007, 03:19 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Aereon

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

quit waisting time posting and get to installing^^ I'll let you guys know what my suspension setup looks like soon, just waiting till wednseday till the rest of my parts come in.
its too late to work on the car now.. neighbors would complain about my air compressor and impact turning on.. lol.. its only past 1 am.. hah... im at a stoping point cuz i needa k member to finish it... and for the panhard bar.. im afraid of messing up the install... and lining it all up, etc... i almost want to get it done professionally for that reason..
Old 04-03-2007, 03:20 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

What all is done to the car? 3k for what your doing seems like alot to me... unless the car already is making decent power it seems like a waste. your well over the price of a brand new PI engine and real close to the price of a complete supercharger kit.

Quick Reply: is $3000 worth it???