4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Finally.. My Mustang!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 03:28 PM
benk87
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Finally.. My Mustang!

LOL ORANGE POWER!!! Thanks for all the compliments... I am going there next simester!... ANy how... I am not sure what I want to do with it... The owner before me was an older man ... he supposively never "got on it"... Which the car has been taken great care of so i suspect it is in good condition.... The only thing bad about my car is that it now has 95,000 on it .. I guess that is ok considering its a 98.. It still is a mean machine in my eyes.... As for mods... I might put some springs gears, and a shifter.... I was thinking about pi swap but I would have to save alot for that. Does anyone know how muc HP my 98 GT can handle??? It is my undderstanding that car manufactures make cars and tune them to a certain point... I am just afraid to do mods and screw up the car down the road... Even though it does have 95,000 on it... I will have it for a while probably untill I am out of College... Tell me what you guys thing... And another thing.. HOw do I get an avatar?
Old 04-04-2007, 03:32 PM
benk87
2nd Gear Member

Also I have no clue on what the tint is... It was like that when I bought it sorry bro
Old 04-04-2007, 03:35 PM
benk87
2nd Gear Member

nice car man..very clean..paint the pony on the steering wheel black..i painted mine silver today and it looks nice..adds a nice touch to the interior =P
Sounds Cool... I also plan on painter the calipers... I dont know what color... If I get silver bumper inserts ... I might paint the callipers black and get silver ponie decals on callipers. I do also plan on some kind of exhaust... I am tossed up... Should I go H-Pipe with 40 flows?? Or just buy a full exhaust system?? It will cost almost the same ...
Old 04-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Brady98GT
2nd Gear Member

wow, that is extra clean
Old 04-04-2007, 03:47 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Lowering springs, shifter, and gears are a good start. Also get some nice exhaust on there. No inspections = no cats! I would paint the calipers red on a black car, I plan on doing that once I get new wheels and new brakes, I don't like silver bumper inserts on our cars, but that's up to you. My favorite exhaust is probably an O/R Prochamber with Mac/Flows (sound almost the same) for our cars, Stingers sound bad *** on 99+, but they don't make them for 96-98. Or there is also the O/R X + LM Is, that exhaust setup is ridiculous.

As for the power it can handle, your car is probably making roughly 185 RWHP right now. With an agressive PI swap you can get to 250+ RWHP depending on what intake, heads, and cams you get, with bolt ons you can reach around 300, past that without spending serious money you're going to have to go FI. Once you go FI, the engine itself can hold up to around 400-450 RWHP, depending on the tune, before you need to be careful. After that you need to forge the bottom end to go any further. Of course those are all rough numbers, you can do more or less depending on how agressive you go with each item, like cam grinds.

Oh, and by the way, to get an avatar, click "My Profile" in the blue link bar at the top, then scroll down the avatar and it will give you the option to upload one. Try saving this one and uploading it: http://www.ajerman.com/f/userpics/ou_logo.png
Old 04-04-2007, 04:26 PM
benk87
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AJ97GT

Lowering springs, shifter, and gears are a good start. Also get some nice exhaust on there. No inspections = no cats! I would paint the calipers red on a black car, I plan on doing that once I get new wheels and new brakes, I don't like silver bumper inserts on our cars, but that's up to you. My favorite exhaust is probably an O/R Prochamber with Mac/Flows (sound almost the same) for our cars, Stingers sound bad *** on 99+, but they don't make them for 96-98. Or there is also the O/R X + LM Is, that exhaust setup is ridiculous.

As for the power it can handle, your car is probably making roughly 185 RWHP right now. With an agressive PI swap you can get to 250+ RWHP depending on what intake, heads, and cams you get, with bolt ons you can reach around 300, past that without spending serious money you're going to have to go FI. Once you go FI, the engine itself can hold up to around 400-450 RWHP, depending on the tune, before you need to be careful. After that you need to forge the bottom end to go any further. Of course those are all rough numbers, you can do more or less depending on how agressive you go with each item, like cam grinds.

Oh, and by the way, to get an avatar, click "My Profile" in the blue link bar at the top, then scroll down the avatar and it will give you the option to upload one. Try saving this one and uploading it: http://www.ajerman.com/f/userpics/ou_logo.png
wOW DUDE i just looked at your pics and your car is clean as hell! Hey... I see that you posted when you cleaned your engine... The did not post pics of my engine... b/c it is dirty... How did you go about cleaning yours??? DId you cover anything up or just pressure washed it??? It is very nice and clean and thats how I want mine I am just scared I will mess it up!!! I LOVE MY CAR~!

P.S You need a OSU Plate... I can send you one
Old 04-04-2007, 04:53 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: benk87

wOW DUDE i just looked at your pics and your car is clean as hell! Hey... I see that you posted when you cleaned your engine... The did not post pics of my engine... b/c it is dirty... How did you go about cleaning yours??? DId you cover anything up or just pressure washed it??? It is very nice and clean and thats how I want mine I am just scared I will mess it up!!! I LOVE MY CAR~!

Haha, I'd put my OU plate on there but I don't want holes in my bumper [8D]

I didn't even do much of a shine up clean on my engine, just a deep grease clean. I actually used a little squirt bottle of degreaser and a toothbrush to get all the 10 year old built up crap on there. I didn't do any shining up of the hoses or anything or else it would have looked a lot better. I didn't care about it looking show car clean, I just wanted it clean enough to work on anything in there without it being nasty. Spend an hour with some degreaser, a toothbrush, and a hose and you'll be amazed by the results.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:06 PM
benk87
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: benk87

Haha, I'd put my OU plate on there but I don't want holes in my bumper [8D]

I didn't even do much of a shine up clean on my engine, just a deep grease clean. I actually used a little squirt bottle of degreaser and a toothbrush to get all the 10 year old built up crap on there. I didn't do any shining up of the hoses or anything or else it would have looked a lot better. I didn't care about it looking show car clean, I just wanted it clean enough to work on anything in there without it being nasty. Spend an hour with some degreaser, a toothbrush, and a hose and you'll be amazed by the results.
DONE! After I am done doing my Calc that is..
Old 04-04-2007, 05:07 PM
benk87
2nd Gear Member

Aj.. what do you use to shine yours up?? Do you use KLASSE?
Old 04-04-2007, 05:28 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

The car or the engine? I dunno what the best for the engine is since I've never shined it up much, armor all or something like that I'd guess, whatever shines up rubber and plastic really well. I've heard people say things like simple green to clean the engine, but any old engine degreaser should work. If you want to take the time to do it well with a toothbrush, you don't need anything TOO strong, just to loosen it up so you can brush it off.

Quick Reply: Finally.. My Mustang!