4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

SLP long tube headers.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 05:56 PM
JT76

Default RE: SLP long tube headers.

ORIGINAL: GThopeful

ORIGINAL: stanggang1892

The SLP's will fit the autos and the MAC's will also. I put MACs on mine because they were 1/2 the cost, good quality and they tuck up nice like stock..everythign SLP makeshangs down way too much, so dont plan on lowering your car
Eh, I'm still gonna put the Ford "C" springs on my car. The roads here in Circleville, Ohio arent bad at all and I really never have to go over any speed bumps. There are a few, but they are small so it wont matter.
i had an SLP X pipe on my car, hangs down about what the headers would...a lot of driveways i couldnt do, forget hitting bumps or bridge seams anymore (i was comming back from the track one and had my GF and her sis in the back that maybe way 110 a piece and my buddy in the front, my friend behind me called me on the cell and everytime we hit a bridge sparks would fly from the cats hitting the ground) My car is lowered with H&R sports so about 1.5 inches which is pretty standard and i had a lot of headaches....just giving you a heads up man
Old 04-09-2007, 06:20 PM
GThopeful
4th Gear Member

The SLP's will fit the autos and the MAC's will also. I put MACs on mine because they were 1/2 the cost, good quality and they tuck up nice like stock..everythign SLP makeshangs down way too much, so dont plan on lowering your car
Eh, I'm still gonna put the Ford "C" springs on my car. The roads here in Circleville, Ohio arent bad at all and I really never have to go over any speed bumps. There are a few, but they are small so it wont matter.
i had an SLP X pipe on my car, hangs down about what the headers would...a lot of driveways i couldnt do, forget hitting bumps or bridge seams anymore (i was comming back from the track one and had my GF and her sis in the back that maybe way 110 a piece and my buddy in the front, my friend behind me called me on the cell and everytime we hit a bridge sparks would fly from the cats hitting the ground) My car is lowered with H&R sports so about 1.5 inches which is pretty standard and i had a lot of headaches....just giving you a heads up man
LOL, yea that **** sucks. My truck I had before this car sat about 2" above the ground. Driving that taught me to be more alert to road conditions and pay attention to how the roads are.

I would go with Mac longtubes, but I absolutely love the way my SLP catted X sounds with the Borla Stingers, and can only imagine how insane it will sound when the longtubes are put on there.

The C springs only lower the car around an inch dont they?
Old 04-09-2007, 06:35 PM
JT76

LOL, yea that **** sucks. My truck I had before this car sat about 2" above the ground. Driving that taught me to be more alert to road conditions and pay attention to how the roads are.

I would go with Mac longtubes, but I absolutely love the way my SLP catted X sounds with the Borla Stingers, and can only imagine how insane it will sound when the longtubes are put on there.

The C springs only lower the car around an inch dont they?
i agree, thats what i had before the Mac steup (i now have Mac LT's Mac H and Borla stingers....im not sure about the C springs.....but honestly if i had to do it over again, i would get the Bullitt suspension package its only like 500 bucks and includes EVERYTHING, srpings shocks etc, lowers it just right.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:38 PM
GThopeful
4th Gear Member

You say thats the Bullitt suspension?? I may have to check that out....any links on it by chance?
Old 04-09-2007, 06:42 PM
JT76

You say thats the Bullitt suspension?? I may have to check that out....any links on it by chance?
http://www.stangsuspension.com/store...?idproduct=275

says same rating as ford C springs
Old 04-09-2007, 06:47 PM
GThopeful
4th Gear Member

Holy crap, thanks man. Looks like my suspension plans have changed a little lol. Would I need c/c plates with this kit though?
Old 04-09-2007, 06:52 PM
JT76

Holy crap, thanks man. Looks like my suspension plans have changed a little lol. Would I need c/c plates with this kit though?
not to my knowledge, this is whatwent into the Bullits from the factory
Old 04-09-2007, 06:54 PM
GThopeful
4th Gear Member

Badass, thanks for all the help and info man, I really appreciate it.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:55 PM
JT76

no prob, keep us posted on how everything works out
Old 04-09-2007, 07:02 PM
GThopeful
4th Gear Member

no prob, keep us posted on how everything works out
Will do. Headers will be ordered Friday, then I just have to contact the dealership to get them put on, then sound clips will be up. I also have a BBK 75mm throttle body/plenum to put on too

Quick Reply: SLP long tube headers.