4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

How do you replace the side mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 03:53 PM
03mustgt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: How do you replace the side mirrors?

A little word of advice when you buy mirrors. If you buy an aftermarket one be prepared for the glass part to shake non stop with the wind when you are driving down the road. It makes the mirror practically useless. As far as looks though you cant tell them apart. I would just bite the bullet and get one from ford, especially if its my mustang. Thats my advice. I have replaced the mirrors on two cars that i have had and both aftermarket ones shook when going down the road.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:56 PM
GStam66
4th Gear Member

well, it says its used, so it musta been from a used Mustang, so therefore its not technically aftermarket? Its an original?
Old 04-12-2007, 04:03 PM
03mustgt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SpartanStang

well, it says its used, so it musta been from a used Mustang, so therefore its not technically aftermarket? Its an original?
Original would be fine then, i just glanced at it.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:51 PM
GStam66
4th Gear Member

well, i guess im buyin it. [&:]
Old 04-12-2007, 05:08 PM
97targa
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03mustgt

A little word of advice when you buy mirrors. If you buy an aftermarket one be prepared for the glass part to shake non stop with the wind when you are driving down the road. It makes the mirror practically useless. As far as looks though you cant tell them apart. I would just bite the bullet and get one from ford, especially if its my mustang. Thats my advice. I have replaced the mirrors on two cars that i have had and both aftermarket ones shook when going down the road.
+1
aftermarkets are total junk. The glass has a funhouse effect as well! Ohh and they are so small practically uselss. I want factory mirrors so I can see! I realized you said it was an OEM, but i figured others would read this!
Old 04-12-2007, 07:30 PM
GStam66
4th Gear Member

well, odds are im not gonna get it till next tuesday, but according to jim and his friends, i can still race sans passengerside mirror. thats all i was worried about. Oh, and bein out 50 bucks. [:@]
Old 04-12-2007, 08:18 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

WTF happened to your mirror? Did your "Buddy" with the V6 get jealous when you finally got your car and proved him wrong?
Old 04-12-2007, 08:35 PM
timeformiller44
4th Gear Member

ohh theres a big reason why his mirror is missing isnt that right george explain to the people about FA G G OT RICERS!!
Old 04-12-2007, 08:53 PM
GStam66
4th Gear Member

Went to a party with jim and alex, some *** with a stratus rt was bein a dick and tryin to pick a fight. We said "**** this" and decided to leave, he didnt wanna let us. He suggested a fight, and i told him we'd rather kill him in a race. He started talkin **** about teh stangs, and when we asked what he did to the rt, he said "I keep it lookin good". Which caused us to laugh a bit. The general vote was that he shouldnt bother racing, cause hed get owned. He got pissed and his *** friends followed us outside, right to alex's car, and looked like he was gonna kick the door in. we bolted and left, since we were outnumbered and didnt want anything happening to our cars. i realize a little while later, my passenger side mirror has been smashed off. [:@]

We dunno who did it, and i searched the street for the mirror or parts thereof. Nothin. Their story is i hita mailbox, but there are no busted mailboxes anywhere on that street. And i woulda known if i hit something that took my mirror off. I woulda gotten out and gotten the mirror, and checked to see what i hit. If it was one of the ****, i woulda made sure he was dead.

So me, jim, alex and miller met up and assessed the damage. There is no damage to the paint, cept for a small scuff, right behind the mirror. I got my friends all freaked out and threatened to call the cops if they didnt give me answers asap. I had the host so freaked out he grabbed 2 friends, and they left the party to search the street with flashlights for the mirror. They couldnt come up with anything, so i told em. "Listen *******, you have 10 minutes before depew cops raid the party, and all ur little friends are arrested. Looks like you're screwed now." [:@] The one guy practically begged me not to. "You must be retarded. Your friends threaten mine, my mirror gets smashed off, you wont give me answers, and now u ask me for favors??? You have 10 minutes."

From what i heard, the girls all left the party immediately. They were like, 16 and 17 yers old. Then some other people left after 5 min, cause they actually heard sirens. (i never really called the cops. I had a few friends there i didnt want to get in trouble, and the host of the party was a good kid who just got taken advantage of). So i still dunno what happened,and im stuck buyin a new one. [:@] At least the party was ruined and everyone was scared ****less about getting caught, so i got my revenge.... well, i mean i STARTED my revenge. [sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old 04-12-2007, 08:56 PM
Andrew00GT
2nd Gear Member

well this sure is helpful considering the fact when i came out of school tuesday my passenger side mirror was kicked off. I have the shoe print n a perfect suspect so ive gone to the police and just getting a little more evidence before i take him to court for a new mirror installed and new door paint job since he scuffed and sctrached it up with his shoes. [:@] i hate people like that

Quick Reply: How do you replace the side mirrors?