4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Thoughts on this exhaust setup?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 02:07 AM
GStam66
4th Gear Member

Default Thoughts on this exhaust setup?

Well, ive been watchin vids of mustangs and various catbacks, and i think im gonna go with a magnapack. Ive seen the basic magnaflow catback and then the magnapack. Both goin for 500 on americanmuscle. Whats the difference?

As far as an H or X pipe, im lost tho. I dont think im goin with an offroad package, so ill just stick with a catted one, that isnt too restrictive. I hear that H's are deeper and X's are raspier, but X's are also cheaper and more "universal" as far as fitment. Odds are im not gonna be doin headers anytime soon, so it just has to match up to the stock manifolds and Magnapack catback.

I dont want it to be annoyingly loud while cruisin, but i want it to have a nice deep bellow at idle, as well as a deep tone when revving and such.So im basically lookin for suggestions on midpipe, and makin sure that the magnapacks will gimme the sound i want. I dont wanna be blowin 1000 on exhaust here, the magnapacks are 500 already, so im tryin to keep the midpipe around 300ish or less.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:29 AM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Thoughts on this exhaust setup?

I think these cars withH pipes sound better with chambered mufflers. (jmo)
Old 04-15-2007, 02:32 AM
timi
2nd Gear Member

im not going to tell you what to go with but i suggest that you pick a mid pipe company that also makes headers so you will have an easier time installing them.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:35 AM
aykut82

i am sorry to ask these question but i am new to mustangs. What are x or h pipes. If you change the exhaust do u really need to get x or h pipes ?
Old 04-15-2007, 02:54 AM
devsredgt
2nd Gear Member

x and h pipes are the mid pipe that goes between the mufflers and the headers. most choose to upgrade the midpipe because it opens up the exhaust.

spartan i just ordered my packs today and i ordered a mac o/r h with mine. i also got lts too. like said i would choose a brand that makes headers too so that when you do decide to do headers everything is more likely to fit together nicely.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:59 AM
GStam66
4th Gear Member

Yeah, it probably would be a good idea to go with a brand that makes headers too, just to be on the safe side. I guess ill look into a mac H, hopefully they make a catted one?

The packs are what i should be gettin then? I havent heard any objections sayin theyre not deep or whatever.

And devsredgt, when u have ur exhaust all hooked up, lemme know how it sounds, k? A vid or something would be helpful.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:03 AM
MustangMan00
5th Gear Member

heres a vid of my car with o/r X and packs so u can kidna get an idea of an X....but mines off road of course

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...=Soundsof4.flv
Old 04-15-2007, 03:06 AM
devsredgt
2nd Gear Member

ill deff get a vid up if i can figure out how to do it...guess ill cross that bridge when i get there. and ya i think youll be happy with the tone of the packs. ive listened to countless clips and i love em. mac does make a catted mid btw. its a little more expensive but its still there.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:31 AM
GStam66
4th Gear Member

Nice vid man. [8D] Definitely goin with magnapacks.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:33 AM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

Magnapacks with H pipe sounds good! Forget those guys that say straight thru = X pipe.

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...agnapacks3.flv

Quick Reply: Thoughts on this exhaust setup?