4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Driving in the rain?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 12:09 PM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Driving in the rain?

ORIGINAL: mvr

my car sits in the rain most of the time so my thinking is why not drive it. i dont drive it 80 mile round trip to school, other than that i drive it everywhere i go. ****, i put 150miles on it from 10pm-2am sat night. also i see 60k+ cars in the rain all the time.

but right now its pouring and my cars in a garage drying it off for the xpipe install tonight
O damn your car is about to scream lol... X with slp!

I duno how the hell i do it but my car is my daily driver and since december i have put 1100 miles on it
Old 04-16-2007, 12:11 PM
Fizzics Boy
3rd Gear Member

Mine is my daily driver, so it sees rain, sun, sleet, snow (granted i can get it outta the driveway or school parking lot). It also isnt kept in a garage (my moms 07 mountaineer gets that), so its in the rain no matter what. You just can drive like a moron in the rain.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:16 PM
banginstang07
2nd Gear Member

ive driven mine in the rain twice since ive had it and both times i was out already and it started raining but i drivemy explorer in the rain and snow but next year the stang will be my DD because i'm going to give the explorer to my brother to drive so i won't have to pay gas and insurance on 2 cars
Old 04-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Brute03
5th Gear Member

i hate driving in the rain, right now my car hydroplanes like a mother! [:@]
Old 04-16-2007, 12:33 PM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

I drive my car in all weather., and you just have to be extra careful. Traction control helps ALOT in wet weather.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:46 PM
mattofiesh
2nd Gear Member

if you keep your car in the garage, keep it there when its raining. just because its not a cobra doesnt mean its a piece of sh**. their only a couple of thousand more any way (its not a lambo, or ford gt) i had to drive mine in the rain the other day i didnt want to but it was going to the performance shop. i have a 98gt and dont care what anyone says if its not nice out, it doesnt come out.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:07 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattofiesh

if you keep your car in the garage, keep it there when its raining. just because its not a cobra doesnt mean its a piece of sh**. their only a couple of thousand more any way (its not a lambo, or ford gt) i had to drive mine in the rain the other day i didnt want to but it was going to the performance shop. i have a 98gt and dont care what anyone says if its not nice out, it doesnt come out.
same thing with me. Mine cobra has the only garage spot because well its my house. The only time I drive in the rain is if i'm caught in it. My cobra doesn't have traction control and I'm sure the DR's aren't the best platform to be hittin it in the rain.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:15 PM
WhItEvEnOm
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Adam03GT

ORIGINAL: jmac72187

While it may not be an investment in terms of that car going up in value, I do love my GT with 13k miles on it. I like to keep it nice.
Enless you have a mustang that is rare then keeping the miles off is more trouble than its worth!
10 years from now... If i tried to sell mine and it had lets say 110k miles and you only had 20k miles you maybe possilby get $1-2,000 more than me [&:]

With all the new mustangs putting out so much more power noone is going to want ours! For example.. If you could afford a new edge would you buy one of the non PI gts? Hell no!
what are pi heads again?
Old 04-16-2007, 01:18 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WhItEvEnOm

ORIGINAL: Adam03GT

ORIGINAL: jmac72187

While it may not be an investment in terms of that car going up in value, I do love my GT with 13k miles on it. I like to keep it nice.
Enless you have a mustang that is rare then keeping the miles off is more trouble than its worth!
10 years from now... If i tried to sell mine and it had lets say 110k miles and you only had 20k miles you maybe possilby get $1-2,000 more than me [&:]

With all the new mustangs putting out so much more power noone is going to want ours! For example.. If you could afford a new edge would you buy one of the non PI gts? Hell no!
what are pi heads again?
Performance inhancment heads I think. I always thought that the 99+ stangs already had PI?
Old 04-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Miliock
3rd Gear Member

I drive mine everyday. 84,000 miles on the clock and counting. Why own a nice car and only drive it on weekends? I like to enjoy the car and I've done my mods with daily driving in mind (no really power mods). I'll wait till I own a classic muscle car to garage it and have it sit around.

Quick Reply: Driving in the rain?