4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

ASSHOLES !!! J/K I NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 05:26 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Default RE: ******** !!! J/K I NEED HELP

The heads are the same as the Cobra, its just that the cams are different. Supposedly the Mach1's have a more agressive Stage II in them but I have not been able to confirm this which tics me off because I have new cams and I dont know what I sell them for because I dont know the specs. Not to mention I dont know if I want to keep another set I have.

I doubt that you will find a Cobra motor at pick-N-Pull. The max they pay for a wrecked car is $250 dollars at auctions, I know because I worked for the one in Rancho Cordova California.

Just go ahead and do the engine swap, you will need.

*Engine Haness
*ECU (You will have to use a Manual.)
*Engine of course
*Fuel pump (maybe even lines, I would check into that more.)
*Another hood w/o the hole
*New clutch kit for good measure
*Fluid changes, oil, rad, trans, gears.
*New plugs

There really isnt much to do with the swap.

Can you tell me where this place is? I might be interested in the IRS and a few other key items. Also would you sell your engine? How much for it? If its an Auto then I am just interested in the heads and intake

-Eric-
Old 04-18-2007, 05:30 AM
jt01gt
2nd Gear Member

yeah your right I dont know where he lives if your going to look in to it so freakin deep. You just made your self look like an idiot. "what if he lives somewhere where its not his bedtime?" who the f cares
[align=left] [/align]
Old 04-18-2007, 05:44 AM
SmallFeesh
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jt01gt

yeah your right I dont know where he lives if your going to look in to it so freakin deep. You just made your self look like an idiot. "what if he lives somewhere where its not his bedtime?" who the f cares
[align=left][/align]
I made MYSELF look like an idiot? You posted a post that was complete trash, trashing a guy for no apparent reason! Tellin him to go to bed! How bout YOU go to bed! How old are u anyways?
Old 04-18-2007, 05:46 AM
jt01gt
2nd Gear Member

older than u

[align=left] [/align]
Old 04-18-2007, 05:47 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NeoTokyo

The heads are the same as the Cobra, its just that the cams are different. Supposedly the Mach1's have a more agressive Stage II in them but I have not been able to confirm this which tics me off because I have new cams and I dont know what I sell them for because I dont know the specs. Not to mention I dont know if I want to keep another set I have.

I doubt that you will find a Cobra motor at pick-N-Pull. The max they pay for a wrecked car is $250 dollars at auctions, I know because I worked for the one in Rancho Cordova California.

*Engine Haness
*Engine of course
*New plugs

Can you tell me where this place is? I might be interested in the IRS and a few other key items. Also would you sell your engine? How much for it? If its an Auto then I am just interested in the heads and intake

-Eric-
I thought the 03/04 termy heads were a differn't head than the mach 1s, with a larger and more squared intake port? I will have to check out that MM&FF article again.

On the fuel system, if its wrecked get the entire tank, as the 03/04 cobras have a dual pump setup. The pumps themselves won't just drop in, and with the poential you will want a dual pump setup.

So far as the IRS, ZW99 is wanting to get rid of his...
Old 04-18-2007, 05:48 AM
jt01gt
2nd Gear Member

he was the one getting all torqued off about people not answering his ? calling everyone *** holes and what not. Theres no need to get so hot in the shorts over a bunch of nothing.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 04-18-2007, 05:57 AM
fullsteedahead
1st Gear Member

heres the link http://www.mustangprestige.com its kinda kool actually it has new edge stangs and enough of em .
dont knoe about the prices yet tho
Old 04-18-2007, 05:59 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

My SHM book refers to the Mach1 heads being the same as the Cobra heads with the exception of the Cams.

If you can find more info though I would like to read up on it.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:58 AM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

ORIGINAL: NeoTokyo

*Engine Haness
*Engine of course
*New plugs

-Eric-
I thought the 03/04 termy heads were a differn't head than the mach 1s, with a larger and more squared intake port? I will have to check out that MM&FF article again.

On the fuel system, if its wrecked get the entire tank, as the 03/04 cobras have a dual pump setup. The pumps themselves won't just drop in, and with the poential you will want a dual pump setup.

So far as the IRS, ZW99 is wanting to get rid of his...
But isn't his the 99 or 01 irs? As to my knowlege the 03/04 irs is a lil better. Not to say that his doesn't work cause I've seen him pull a 1.8 60 ft. on street tires in his car.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:44 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

I understand that this forum is for helping people, but c'mon.

1st was the thread name
2nd was the text that was all in CAPS
3rd is his rambling incomprehensible posts

I can't believe no-one corrected him on that first, then gave him the answers he was after.

any 4.6 will swap into any Mustang GT/Mach1/Cobra. it just depends what ECM that car has vs. what ECM the motor requires. The transmissions from any of these cars will bolt up to any of the 4.6's available. You just have to worry about flywheels. around 2000 or so, there is a flywheel change and the Mach1 and Cobra have different ones also.

I would just swap the new 4v motor and ecm out and put your Mach1 motor/ecm up for sale. You can make a little money, and your stock 5 speed will work with the new motor. It probably isn't as strong as the 6 speed though. I highly recommend you get a brand new clutch though.

Quick Reply: ASSHOLES !!! J/K I NEED HELP