4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

SLP Loudmouth cat-back

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 09:58 AM
Andrew00GT
2nd Gear Member

Default SLP Loudmouth cat-back

Does anyone have the SLP Loudmouth cat-back on a 99-04 ???? looking at buying it but wondering how easy to installl and how satisfied you were. Also if you have just the SLP or SLP and stock H pipe or What x or H-pipe you put in with it.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:35 AM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

Default RE: SLP Loudmouth cat-back

i have the SLP LM2's and i love them they were pretty easy to install i had my old one out and the new catback in in about 3 to 3 1/2 hours but i was trying to get the old one off with out cutting it but that is not possible but i am running on the stock h
Old 04-18-2007, 10:43 AM
StriktlyGT
2nd Gear Member

I did mine myself, and yeah you have to cut the old ones off. I used a Sawzall. It took about 2-3 hours. Basic tools, jack stands, Sawzall, PB Penetrating Spray and it's an easy task. I don't even know if there are instructions. I was running with the stock H for awhile. Trust me, the FIRST time you start the car up there is a VERY noticable difference from stock. I describe it as your car sounding like a beast. I don't know how much better it can sound with a different exhaust, but you'll love it compared to stock. After a week or so you'll probably have to go back under it to retighten and re-set the fittings. (Heat and expansion and all)
Old 04-18-2007, 10:56 AM
robs400
2nd Gear Member

See the post right after this one....I have the SLP 1. I was able to get the stock exhaust off without cutting. So if you want to do that PM me and I can try and give you a better idea of how I did that. I kept the SLP 1 with the stock midpipe for about 3 months, and it sounded great. Didnt really do much as far as gains, but when it sounds louder it at least makes you think that its faster..ha. I then put an O/R x on there, its obnoxious now how loud it is. But once you learn to drive it and keep it in the "quiet rpms" then its not too bad. Whether people love it or hate it, they always have to look..ha.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:38 PM
Andrew00GT
2nd Gear Member

ahah yeah i believe it ... from some clips online its deff. head turning haha..

thank you guys for the info i appreciate it!
Old 04-18-2007, 04:48 PM
lottje

I got em on my 04 GT convert with stock H and heads. Only issues I had installing was getting the pass side to slide together with out one side of the pipe falling out but thats goin to happen on any modular Ex. Cut the old pipes near the kink around the axlebut be sure to take the hangers near the axel and tips off andunboltfrom the H before you start. you might want to have some one hold the old pipe in place while cutting soyour arms dont fall off.I love the raw sound of this set up but it can get alittle load crusing at 2k, but I like that sound. top down and pulling out of 3rd at 4.5k sounds the best. these pipes are failycheep too find the right place at the right time you can getem for less then 300.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:05 PM
03mustgt
4th Gear Member

I have the LM1s and I love them. They are pretty loud with the stock H pipe. Hardest part of the install was getting the old exhaust off the damn rubber hangers.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:14 PM
mvr
6th Gear Member

as said above, the install is very easy and straight forward due to the clamp system.

Old 04-18-2007, 05:22 PM
StriktlyGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03mustgt

I have the LM1s and I love them. They are pretty loud with the stock H pipe. Hardest part of the install was getting the old exhaust off the damn rubber hangers.
+1 Once I used the spray though, it became almost easy.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:10 PM
avlon06
5th Gear Member

i want a new mid pipe, but i dont want to have to buy a diff one when i can afford LT's!!! blast![:@]

Quick Reply: SLP Loudmouth cat-back