4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Sneaky Pete ?'s in Airbag

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 03:27 PM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Sneaky Pete ?'s in Airbag

ORIGINAL: nick_thames

Here is a description from one of NOS's kits. granted its for a carb setup, they make one for EFI. One thing i forgot is im probably going to need to get a programmer to change the timing right?

"The Sneeky Pete was designed as a true "cheater kit." This kit will allow a user to obtain that extra tenth of a second without being obvious. It was designed as a very compact, simple-to-use nitrous only injection system. It will be necessary to jet carburetors a little richer while being "sneeky" because no additional fuel source is utilized. The kit comes complete with a super slim 10 oz. bottle, a nitrous solenoid, nylon nitrous line, wiring, 9 volt battery holder, and an assortment of jets"
I stand corrected. A 10 oz bottle, wow, you don't want that. Tenth of a second, that's like a 25 shot at the most.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:27 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: contentsunderpressur

ORIGINAL: stangman94

ORIGINAL: 01GT4.6

1st off I wouldn't run a sneaky pete bottle. (what is the bottle size?? like 2#'s?) IMO you won't be able to sustain enough bottle pressure in that small of a bottle. You would constantly have to fill it and I still feel that the bottle pressure would fall off too sharply either causeing your car to run damgerously rich in a wet application or loose power as the bottle psi dropped and not be worth it in a dry kit.

anyone else have any dealings with it feel free to chime in, agree or disagree, I may be wrong.
I think its actually a 10
A sneaky pete bottle is only 2 pounds. A regular trunk bottle is 10.
thanks that is what I thought
Old 04-18-2007, 03:28 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

ORIGINAL: redass02gt

I foresee one hell of a mess in that steering column. [&:]
Haha...the passenger side redass!!!LOL.

Didnt think about the bottle pressure, but its not my intention to use it all the time. Just when i hear some guy talkin nuts then thats when ill use it.
lol, no wonder I thought this was gonna be one hell of a nightmare project. [&:]
Old 04-18-2007, 03:28 PM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

A motorcycle kit might fit. I do have a Rear seat delete and it may fit under the seat portion! didnt think about that either!hmmm
Don't use the kit. Just the bottle. Buy a dry kit without a bottle and buy just a motorcycle bottle.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:30 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

I have run nitrous for over 4 years and did a lot of street racing. This is what I've learned, all it takes is 1 person to know and the whole world knows. 1 friend to leak it out or for you to brag to 1 person or for you to beat a person that you shouldn't have and it's out. I never once tried to hide it, because you can't. I had people come up to me that I've never seem before in my life asking me what my car runs on the spray. Now days you can hide it all you want, they may be be able to see it but they'll know you have it.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:32 PM
nick_thames
3rd Gear Member

A motorcycle kit might fit. I do have a Rear seat delete and it may fit under the seat portion! didnt think about that either!hmmm
Don't use the kit. Just the bottle. Buy a dry kit without a bottle and buy just a motorcycle bottle.
i saw the motorcycle bottles you were talking about (2.2lbs and 5lbs)and they have a motorcycle valve.and the regular bottles have a PF valve. Whats the difference and how do i change it?
Old 04-18-2007, 03:32 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

don't forget that you WILL have to run a heater to it to maintin pressure (unless you only plan to run it during the dead of summer and top the bottle off at every use.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:33 PM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangman94

1st off I wouldn't run a sneaky pete bottle. (what is the bottle size?? like 2#'s?) IMO you won't be able to sustain enough bottle pressure in that small of a bottle. You would constantly have to fill it and I still feel that the bottle pressure would fall off too sharply either causeing your car to run damgerously rich in a wet application or loose power as the bottle psi dropped and not be worth it in a dry kit.

anyone else have any dealings with it feel free to chime in, agree or disagree, I may be wrong.
I think its actually a 10
A sneaky pete bottle is only 2 pounds. A regular trunk bottle is 10.
thanks that is what I thought
When you said 10 I thought you meant 10 lbs instead of 10 oz.lol
Old 04-18-2007, 03:35 PM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

i saw the motorcycle bottles you were talking about (2.2lbs and 5lbs)and they have a motorcycle valve.and the regular bottles have a PF valve. Whats the difference and how do i change it?
When you buy the bottle ask for an adapter fitting.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:36 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

if you want to hide it, this IMo would be your best bet. Get a regular size bottle (either 10 or 15#) and mount it sideways behind the RSD. Have the RSD hinged so you can fold the top dow to access the bottle. Now in the trunk build a carpetedpartition going from side to side to hide the bottle. Hell if you wanted to put a small subwoffer in there it would be more believable. Basically you'd be hiding a bottle in a sub box.

Quick Reply: Sneaky Pete ?'s in Airbag