4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

SuperCharger???

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 03:33 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: SuperCharger???

500-600 bucks will solve that problem.

but why do you need it on a stock shortblock car? I could easily be making 430+ WHP with the cams/boltons and the MPH kit.. I just have the a/f ratio set conservative.

An intercooler is nice, but its not nessicarry on a stock shortblock (or even aftermarket) car. With a good tune and the right setup you can get away without it and still make big power.

On the other hand, MPH is now a certified ATI dealer, so there is supposed to be a i/c ATI mongoose kit in the works.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:19 AM
MustangDavid
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

ORIGINAL: MustangDavid

ORIGINAL: Triisomy21

Best bang for the buck would be a vortech mongoose kit.
Touche. Tuner kits on www.joeblowracing.com for $2,500. If you can find a good tuner near you this is the best bang for the buck. E-bay all the other crap.
I think you will find out when you acutally attempt to peice it all together its a great deal.

I got into this with a few other members, and in the end their experence proved me right..

Go price out the tuner kit, shipping, the handheld, the custom tuning, the dyno time (if you live close enough to drive to MPH its included in the price) the 42 lb/hr injectors, SVT pump, sparkplugs, fuel filter, lighting maf, and all the assorted other crap you need and if you can come out ahead it isn't by very far... and with the MPH kit you get the mongoose tune.

MPH ftw. For bang for the buck, and ultimate in saftey with a great tune, everything else is 2nd place.

edit: When I got my MPH kit it was 3905 to the door, with shipping. I didn't have to buy anything else for the kit other than a small part I broke while installing (my fault). You can literally take the 2-3 boxes they send you and put the sucker on without leaving the garage.
Dyno time?Are you serious???. If your tuner charges you "dyno time" on a vortech on a stock short block you going to the wrong guy. GL to ya.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:18 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Touche. Tuner kits on www.joeblowracing.com for $2,500. If you can find a good tuner near you this is the best bang for the buck. E-bay all the other crap.
I think you will find out when you acutally attempt to peice it all together its a great deal.

I got into this with a few other members, and in the end their experence proved me right..

Go price out the tuner kit, shipping, the handheld, the custom tuning, the dyno time (if you live close enough to drive to MPH its included in the price) the 42 lb/hr injectors, SVT pump, sparkplugs, fuel filter, lighting maf, and all the assorted other crap you need and if you can come out ahead it isn't by very far... and with the MPH kit you get the mongoose tune.

MPH ftw. For bang for the buck, and ultimate in saftey with a great tune, everything else is 2nd place.

edit: When I got my MPH kit it was 3905 to the door, with shipping. I didn't have to buy anything else for the kit other than a small part I broke while installing (my fault). You can literally take the 2-3 boxes they send you and put the sucker on without leaving the garage.
Dyno time?Are you serious???. If your tuner charges you "dyno time" on a vortech on a stock short block you going to the wrong guy. GL to ya.
If you think your going to part together a blower kit, and then head to a shop and get free dyno time your out of your mind.

regaredlessor not ifits listed in the price, the cost of the dyno time is included in the tuning. Typically I have seen shops (from pricing them myself) charge between 200 and 400 bucks for a tune, plus the tuning system itself (chip, handheld etc).

All of this comes with the mongoose kit. the reason I mentioned it specifically is because if you are unwilling to drive to GA and visit MPH you are going to have to pay for a few dyno runs to check the a/f ratio and tune someplace else, that is unless you want to risk having a faulty injector/fuel pump or a problem with the tune and blow your car up.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:37 PM
97stanger
5th Gear Member

yeah man its just not worth the risk, spend the extra cash and get a few dyno pulls. Plus you get to see where your at hp/tq wise
Old 04-20-2007, 03:16 PM
MustangDavid
I ♥ Acer

If you think your going to part together a blower kit, and then head to a shop and get free dyno time your out of your mind.

regaredlessor not ifits listed in the price, the cost of the dyno time is included in the tuning. Typically I have seen shops (from pricing them myself) charge between 200 and 400 bucks for a tune, plus the tuning system itself (chip, handheld etc).

All of this comes with the mongoose kit. the reason I mentioned it specifically is because if you are unwilling to drive to GA and visit MPH you are going to have to pay for a few dyno runs to check the a/f ratio and tune someplace else, that is unless you want to risk having a faulty injector/fuel pump or a problem with the tune and blow your car up.
Look dumbass. Of course it's going to cost five or six hundred bucks for a tune, but if your paying by the hour your retarded. It shouldn't take more than 3 or 4 pulls TOPSto tune a vortech on astock block. And I know about the GA shop your talking about, and their dyno numbers suck. They put out 330's with no cats...

Something basically wrong there.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:21 PM
2002GTAUTOVERT
5th Gear Member

he can always change out parts to lower his compression, but it wont be cheap. as for boost ive heard of guys running 12-14 psi, but thats right before those noobs blewa head or cracked their block
Old 04-20-2007, 07:09 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Look dumbass. Of course it's going to cost five or six hundred bucks for a tune, but if your paying by the hour your retarded. It shouldn't take more than 3 or 4 pulls TOPSto tune a vortech on astock block. And I know about the GA shop your talking about, and their dyno numbers suck. They put out 330's with no cats...

Something basically wrong there.
MPH consistantly puts out some of the highest yet beilevable (unlike some shops) and SAFE tunes to date on a 2v car.

Who said anything about paying by the hour?? The entire point of talking about dyno time and being able to drive to MPH is that you don't have to pay for ANYTHING else, including the tune, its all in the 37xx price.

I'm the dumbass? At least I can comprehend what people post...

I guess MPH does suck though, I mean with them tuning my car without ever seeing it, getting it dead on the very first time (never even got the handheld out at the dyno) and making 415+ WHP on a non intercooled setup eh...

Old 04-20-2007, 07:31 PM
HaV
5th Gear Member

Any time you do forced induction of any type you need time on a dyno.. doesnt necessarily mean by the hour.. but your standard 3 pulls at the very least... nitrous, turbo, supercharger, what ever... your going to need to verify everything is running correctly.. see how close you are to pegging your injectors/fuel pump, see where the MAF is at, and it really helps you setup your shift points for racing your car.

And MPH is one of the most well known and trust worthy shops out there.. You never hear anything bad about them and people from all over the country buy their kits and box tunes.. not to mention how many people send their cars from other states to have them tune them.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:50 PM
97stanger
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HaV

Any time you do forced induction of any type you need time on a dyno.. doesnt necessarily mean by the hour.. but your standard 3 pulls at the very least... nitrous, turbo, supercharger, what ever... your going to need to verify everything is running correctly.. see how close you are to pegging your injectors/fuel pump, see where the MAF is at, and it really helps you setup your shift points for racing your car.

And MPH is one of the most well known and trust worthy shops out there.. You never hear anything bad about them and people from all over the country buy their kits and box tunes.. not to mention how many people send their cars from other states to have them tune them.
+1000, MPH is one of the best modular performance places to get anything done at. Great customer service as well. But they are known for their tunes the most.