4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Need help finding the right kit!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 09:01 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Need help finding the right kit!

Just for refrence there are kits like these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-04...spagenameZWDVW

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/87-94...spagenameZWDVW

Now these obviously arnt the best around(and the twin turbo one isnt complete).. and god... please..... dont have people just click those links then start flamming this post with garbage about how these kits are all crap.... The only point I am trying to make is that there has to be some middle ground.... A modest kit somewhere between these junk, $999 kits and full blown racing, 800 HP monster kits for almost $7K
Old 04-26-2007, 09:04 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JDWalton

Why would you need to pay 3,600 for install???I wouldn't mind having my car down for a few weeks even and doing it myself. However I have access to pretty much any tool I could need and people that are more knowledgeable then I and willing to help.
If you have ever seen what need to be done to install a turbo you would understand. Not to mention the fact that evertime you need to work on engine or tranny you will be disassembling a lot of the turbo piping. If you want 350-450+ hp go for a procharger supercharging kit.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:06 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

Like the saying goes, "Fast, Cheap, Reliable--Pick 2."
Old 04-26-2007, 09:08 PM
Jennings Racing
2nd Gear Member

Speed cost money how fast do you want to go.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:10 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Well, thats why I said turbo was personal preferance.... Also, if you have to remove tubes to do motor or trany work, what will it have mattered that you had somone else install your turbo??? I understand the basics of what has to be done with installing a turbo and have another car so like I said, It can be down for a while so I can work my way through it and done right.

Anyway, were getting off topic, anyone else, no of any other turbo kits? HP cant be the ONLY manufacturer.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:12 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

Just for refrence there are kits like these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-04...spagenameZWDVW

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/87-94...spagenameZWDVW

Now these obviously arnt the best around(and the twin turbo one isnt complete).. and god... please..... dont have people just click those links then start flamming this post with garbage about how these kits are all crap.... The only point I am trying to make is that there has to be some middle ground.... A modest kit somewhere between these junk, $999 kits and full blown racing, 800 HP monster kits for almost $7K
I was gonna post up the second one for you but you beat me to it. If you really want to strap that to your engine then Im glad its your car and not mine. No name turbos that could fall apart and throw metal into your engine is not a good idea.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:14 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Please stop saying cash = fast. Thats the most obvious statement anyone can make, and your not helping.
You guys must all be rich.....

how about I pick these two...
Moderately fast, moderately priced

if no one makes such a kit... then I am SOL and will supercharge it. But I would like to look before I just roll over and give up.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:15 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Oxfordgt, please read the bottom paragraph of the quote you put in
Old 04-26-2007, 09:20 PM
lucki96gt
3rd Gear Member

Thanks Code3gt, I had actually seen that one before, but 2 problems:
A.A little more aggressive then I am looking for (I do not need a system capable of 700+ Hp
B. Starting price of $6,400.... OUCH!!

However I do like that kit alot. A tuned down version of that system would be really nice. Thanks for the first promising link, got anything a little less aggressive you can recommend?
From the sound of it a turbo kit is not what you are willing to pay for and most of the complete kits you can buy will be able to produce 600+hp w/ a supporting engine. Your best bet is to go with a supercharged application.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:26 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

yeah lucki, from the sound of it, I believe you are correct, plus from what I had researched before I made this post my options were Used, Crap, or REALLY expensive. Unless someone has a ace in the hole, looks like I am going supercharger. Still gonna be quick ;-)

Quick Reply: Need help finding the right kit!