4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

c-pillars

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 03:21 PM
dubarado
4th Gear Member

Default c-pillars

Over the summer I plan on bustin my *** to get some money for the GT/school... I want to go

4.10's,
window tint,
*maybe wheels*,
*maybe cowl hood/cobra wing*
prochamber,
and possibly cams...

but I was just thinking, and I think the bullitt c-pillars would add a very subtle, yet aggressive touch to my GT... any ideas of where to get em?
Old 04-27-2007, 03:27 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: c-pillars

ORIGINAL: dubarado

Over the summer I plan on bustin my *** to get some money for the GT/school... I want to go

4.10's,
window tint,
*maybe wheels*,
prochamber,
and possibly cams...

but I was just thinking, and I think the bullitt c-pillars would add a very subtle, yet aggressive touch to my GT... any ideas of where to get em?
Skip the hood/wing and buy more performance parts!

Hell, for the cost of what you listed your in usedFI range
Old 04-27-2007, 03:30 PM
dubarado
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

4.10's,
window tint,
*maybe wheels*,
prochamber,
and possibly cams...

I'm a lil bit 'iffy' about going F/I becuase I don't have a backup if anything breaks, and well I need it to be as reliable as possible...
Old 04-27-2007, 03:47 PM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

i love the C-pillars from the Bullitt/Mach and was one of the first to talk about doing the swap. i still haven't because i don't have the money too but i would have a LONG time ago.

you can find them at MPSautosalvage.com or prestigemustang.com. also you can buy them from Ford. my dealer told me $280 a piece painted. BUT the 1/4 windows from Ford are effing $800 a piece. used ones at MPS are $40 [&:]
Old 04-27-2007, 04:07 PM
dubarado
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: laserred38

i love the C-pillars from the Bullitt/Mach and was one of the first to talk about doing the swap. i still haven't because i don't have the money too but i would have a LONG time ago.

you can find them at MPSautosalvage.com or prestigemustang.com. also you can buy them from Ford. my dealer told me $280 a piece painted. BUT the 1/4 windows from Ford are effing $800 a piece. used ones at MPS are $40 [&:]
they're 199.95 at 50resto.com... Oo well I guess I'll hold off on em for now... anyone ever do the swap??
Old 04-27-2007, 04:17 PM
Red 5
2nd Gear Member

... anyone ever do the swap??
Are you talking about just a c-pillar swap?

Remove the OEM c-pillar and lower window molding. This is accomplished by removing the interior plastic panel around the window. This panel comes off by removing the seat belt bolt and coat hanger screw. There are two or three plastic fasteners that help secure the piece and are easily detached.
Once the interior panel is removed and you will see bolts for the c-pillar. A swivel attachment is recommended for easy removal of the aft c-pillar bolts.
Pull down the window weather stripping above and around the door, then remove the weatherstrip mounting strip (torx bit) and underneath the strip you will find small philips screws that hold on the a-b pillar molding. (there is small section of OEM c-pillar that extends under the a-b pillar molding.) Once loosened the c-pillar panel can easily be removed
Old 04-27-2007, 05:29 PM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

they area $100 a piece at MPS but you have to have them painted and the availability is limited. a guy named dhuskers11 or something like that in the V6 section just had them put on when he did all his body mods. bastard! i was going to buy them from the guy who wrecked his Mach in the 4sale section. but he beat me to it.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:20 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

4.10's,
window tint,
*maybe wheels*,
prochamber,
and possibly cams...

I'm a lil bit 'iffy' about going F/I becuase I don't have a backup if anything breaks, and well I need it to be as reliable as possible...
Just get an entry level centri kit. On a basically stock car keep it at 8 psi and you shouldn't see more than 350 or so WHP... plenty safe on a stock motor and you should even get away with the stock clutch.

The wheels/tint/exhaust would be a nice upgrade too though. I didn't realise how much different the car would look with just a set of wheels, but it really sets it off.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:29 PM
dubarado
4th Gear Member

4.10's,
window tint,
*maybe wheels*,
prochamber,
and possibly cams...

Just get an entry level centri kit. On a basically stock car keep it at 8 psi and you shouldn't see more than 350 or so WHP... plenty safe on a stock motor and you should even get away with the stock clutch.

The wheels/tint/exhaust would be a nice upgrade too though. I didn't realise how much different the car would look with just a set of wheels, but it really sets it off.
well I'm the type of person that 'if they're gonna do it... they gotta go all out' so if I SC my car... I'd go with a kenne belle becuase of my love for the roots type SC.... and my tranny is an auto, so I guess I'd have to look into a shift kit and higher stall...
Old 04-27-2007, 07:03 PM
Obituaries
2nd Gear Member

Trust me I've had identical pictures side by side and looked them over a dozen times. The difference from the Mach/Bullit c-pillars from the GT/Cobra's really isn't worth the 200-400+ $. But thats just how I saw it, it didn't look that much more......"aggressive" to me. What really helps the Mach1 look thrown back and aggressive is a mixture of the raised hood, shaker and then the c-pillars. So if you did it id suggest a cowl atleast 2.5 inch raise then it would look good.

Quick Reply: c-pillars