4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

saleen s/c or vortech

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 03:22 AM
mvr
6th Gear Member

Default RE: saleen s/c or vortech

what ever you do dont get the saleen blower
Old 05-04-2007, 04:39 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mylongvictor

PROCHARGER > VORTECH!!!!!

In my biased opinion
Vortech < procharger. unless you spring for the D your limted on power production, and the V2 sieres is more efficent.

The only downside to the vortech is it doesn't come with a intercooler (or if it does its lots of money)... but you can do a DIY kit cheap anyway.

vortech ftw

Actually, other than the PS1C's low potential compared to the other blowers, its all about even on the centri side. The salleen blower though... waste of money IMO. If your going the postive displacement route get a KB.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:15 AM
TX97GT
2nd Gear Member

heard lot of good things about the kenne bells.....
Old 05-04-2007, 09:19 AM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

2000 you used the wrong pacman sign!! hes always eating the bigger number or the "better" thing! lol

a lot of us naysay cuz we have Vortechs. but i think in reality they are both good products and for the basic supercharged Mustang GT, either will work fine and accomplish your goals.

ive heard the Vortech generates less heat to make the same amount of power (thus why all the Procharger kits come with intercoolers from the factory).

Vortech "sucks" cuz of tapping the oil pan, Procharger "sucks" cuz of leaky head units. Kenne Belle "sucks" cuz of that horribly obnoxious whine

dollar for dollar, Vortech ftw. i bought a used Vortech kit and had everything installed professionally and put her on the dyno all for about $3000. $23/horse lol.

and yea...120 horses is a good ballpark figure. going from maybe 230 rwhp to in the neighborhood of 350 rwhp.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:48 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Car_Ramrod

2000 you used the wrong pacman sign!! hes always eating the bigger number or the "better" thing! lol

a lot of us naysay cuz we have Vortechs. but i think in reality they are both good products and for the basic supercharged Mustang GT, either will work fine and accomplish your goals.

ive heard the Vortech generates less heat to make the same amount of power (thus why all the Procharger kits come with intercoolers from the factory).

Vortech "sucks" cuz of tapping the oil pan, Procharger "sucks" cuz of leaky head units. Kenne Belle "sucks" cuz of that horribly obnoxious whine

dollar for dollar, Vortech ftw. i bought a used Vortech kit and had everything installed professionally and put her on the dyno all for about $3000. $23/horse lol.

and yea...120 horses is a good ballpark figure. going from maybe 230 rwhp to in the neighborhood of 350 rwhp.
I didnt know that was a problem? [8D] If your gonna choose between a Saleen or Vortech, go with the Vortech, but if your gonna shoot out the money for a Saleen, might aswell go with the 2.1 intercooled KB or a Procharger with intercooler.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:48 AM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

ive heard good things about the the SaleenSeries IV
ORIGINAL: mvr

Old 05-04-2007, 09:51 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Me too, but not for that price, just because of the name.

ORIGINAL: JJ03MustangGT

Old 05-04-2007, 09:52 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

really? i see them coming out of shops barely breaking into the 300RWHP mark on an almost stock car
Old 05-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

yea i wasnt being serious about the whine being a problem lol. my hint at humor at 7am.

and while the Saleen Series IV is a good blower, i just dont see it being worth the money. for a little over $4000, the kit will be lucky to hit 350 rwhp. and the kit comes with 30lb injectors, not 42s...another drawback. although i guess if its not making the power 30s are fine.

i dunno i just cant see the point in spending all that $$$. for like $300 less, the MPH Mongoose kit will get you in the vacinity of 350 rwhp safely, effectively, and with the components that leave room for more power later on down the line.

and i dont care who you are, if youre the kind of person to put a supercharger on your Mustang, chances are youre the kind of person who is not going to be totally satisfied with 8 psi and 350 rwhp [8D] speaking from personal experience.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:17 AM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

wow...really? i had heard a few cases where they were comin out 360-380 on bolt on 2v. on the twin screw side...yes the KB owns all for the 2v.
ORIGINAL: nanaki

really? i see them coming out of shops barely breaking into the 300RWHP mark on an almost stock car

Quick Reply: saleen s/c or vortech