4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

KB scam or not

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 12:55 AM
Sonic_BlueProCharge

Default RE: Check this KB out

guy never replied and it is up to almost 4grand now so i do think who ever wins is gonna get scamed
[align=left] [/align]
Old 05-09-2007, 01:09 AM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

Not having acooler is not going to shorten the life of his shortblock. The only thing an intercooler does is lower inlet temperatures so you can run more timing without detonation. Unless your being stupid and trying to run full timing with no cooler your fine. you will also need to relocate the IAT sensor so it reads after blower air temperature and then program the car (via tune) to pull timing as IAT rises. A non intercooled car will last just as long as a I/C car, assuming they are both tuned correctly. The i/c car will obviously make more power, but with the proper tune it is no more "safe" than a non i/c car.

Saying that it will add "20 percent" is just incorrect. There is not a formula that will tell you how much more power you can get out of it, as there are simply too many different factors to take into account (ambient temps, boost level, and tuning skill just for three)

So far as the intercooler later on, I see no reason why its not a bolton thing. Unless I am remebering wrong you can simply order a k/b intercooler and put it on... and as the kb replaces the intake manifold there would be no reason to buy another intake.
Yay let's pick apart every little detail. Yes I should have phrased "shorten life of short block" a bit better... Hot enough air coming in will just result in detonation which with the weak internals the 4.6 comes with, will be the end of it. Also, I said ABOUT 20%... never anywhere did I say that's always true no matter what.

The KB intercooler is in the intake manifold and they have two different intake manifold designs... one to accomodate space for the intercooler and other necessities, and the other which works without the cooler in it.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:02 AM
95 comvert
1st Gear Member

Guys, that is NOT a pro looking page, that is a listing designer page that costs ($0.10) ten cents more in your listing. That is a normal page that Ihave used many times to sell items.

Also, I don't think it includes a cooler, it is not listed. Good Luck!!