4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

The BUMBOCLAAT CHALLENGED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 01:12 AM
red96gtconvtbl
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: The BUMBOCLAAT CHALLENGED!!!!

You really make me want a new car now. I can barely chirp 2nd if I try. Ahh the downside to being a poor college student. Spank that Supra on the track.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:15 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

A straight six, or inline 6 is just what it sounds like. 6 cylinders in a row. A V6 has 3 on one side, and 3 on the other, like a V8, but just with 6. lol

And yes, Supra's are not to be F'ed with. But if you are in "drag spec" at the track, you would be able to stomp him pretty good.

We'll see..... I can tell the control arms and the struts are locking my street tires better then what they would have.... so with my set of Mickey Thompsons and a high reving starting line dump, I can seriously put it to him.

But you can hear when that thing spools up its turbo. Man I wont forget that sound..... I think I'm gonna have nightmares tonight. My heart is still pounding..... I think I'm slightly traumutized...
Old 05-08-2007, 01:16 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Has anyone driven a Supra or had first hand experience in actually driving one in full throttle and racing.... Whats her pros and cons?
Old 05-08-2007, 01:19 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

I have a buddy with a "700" rwhp Automatic Supra. Race tune is for 110 octane and 28PSI. Its freaking nasty. But he "only" runs 6.90's at the track(1/8 mile). Thats slower than my other buddy's 540rwhp 03 Cobra.

But you may imagine what that would look like past the 1/4 mile, or on the highway.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:22 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

I have a buddy with a "700" rwhp Automatic Supra. Race tune is for 110 octane and 28PSI. Its freaking nasty. But he "only" runs 6.90's at the track(1/8 mile). Thats slower than my other buddy's 540rwhp 03 Cobra.

But you may imagine what that would look like past the 1/4 mile, or on the highway.
Yea. They are like a long distance type of racer.... I wonder what the japenese had in mind when the built the car.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:25 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mylongvictor

Has anyone driven a Supra or had first hand experience in actually driving one in full throttle and racing.... Whats her pros and cons?
Never been in one personally, but I've seen the car mentiond above smoke the tires on the 2-3 shift in an AUTO.

Pros, insane HP, more than you can imagine
Cons, Lag, and once it hits, its hard to hook up.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:26 AM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

yea i ran one...and wow from a dig my car shined. but from a roll, it wasnt even pretty. the sound of that turbo spooling up was very very intimidating. after we raced he gave a thumbs up and was off into the sunset.

i think 2000GT4.6 has a vid of one and him
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mylongvictor

Never been in one personally, but I've seen the car mentiond above smoke the tires on the 2-3 shift in an AUTO.

Pros, insane HP, more than you can imagine
Cons, Lag, and once it hits, its hard to hook up.
And your also saying that with a SINGLE turbo setup, they are likely to produce more horsepower then with a Twin Turbo setup? How? Like for our cars, Twin Turbo is the way to go with one little turbo to spool up quickly during low rpms and the bigger one to take over at the higher rpm levels....
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

Nice run man. You would be a good story-teller
Old 05-08-2007, 01:28 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jpmustanggt

Nice run man. You would be a good story-teller
I took public speaking twice in college... I figured it would pay off somewhere down the line, even though I got a D in both attempts.[:@]

I still don't know how I managed to D out in Public Speaking but still get an A in Physics.

Quick Reply: The BUMBOCLAAT CHALLENGED!!!!