4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Lies? Deception? Cam results are in

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 11:30 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Lies? Deception? Cam results are in

ORIGINAL: Dan02GT

JD has equal mods less cams and he's claming 275hp 325rwtq I believe, something doesn't sound right with your cars or JD's car then. [&:]

Im gonna go have mine dyno'd again and save the sheet this time. I did dyno at 276 and 325. That was on a hot engine and a rainy day also.
Old 12-16-2004, 11:35 AM
YinYangStang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StangTangGT

a month and a half????? if that would be the case for me then i would not go that route for that kind of bull sh*t. $1800, a month and a half of no mustang for 10 hp. YEA RIGHT! dude you almost could of gotten blown for that kind of money/time!
up on oceanview you can get blown for about 8 dollars...but you get a crack *****, thats the problem. Maybe you got a good deal.
Old 12-16-2004, 11:47 AM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

I am NOT a happy stang owner. VT stage 2 cams w/ springs are installed, and the final dyno numbers are 279 RWHP and 300 FT/Lb. I have not seen the dyno sheet, but the shop is saying the torque is way down on the bottom end.

Edit: I already was making 268 RWHP and 302 RWTQ before the swap

I have talked to several different shop owners today attempting to find the problem. Both my shop owner and the guy that tuned MDs car (tim at modular powerhouse) are telling me 2 things:

1. This number is about right (Tim says should be about 285).
2. Anyone claiming to make 275 or so RWHP and 300 Ft/Lb with a bolt on only car is a bold faced liar.

So whats the deal here fellas? These people are telling me that stating the above numbers on any other forum would get you laughed out of it. Is everyone on here lieing, or am I getting hosed straight up the tail pipe?

From what everyone else was saying on here, I was truly expecting 300 RWHP out of this car. Whats up?>???
1. A full bolt-on car with cams CAN, and WILL hit 300 rwhp IF you take it above 6k rpm (those cams are designed for a 6500 - 6800 shift point). You should be real close to it with your mods. Was the dyno you took your car to a dynojet or a mustang dyno? I'd like to see the dyno sheet, as well as the a/f and what timing they put into the car. If the car wasn't tuned, then those numbers sound about right.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:25 PM
Wings65288
3rd Gear Member

agreed
ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

ORIGINAL: Dan02GT

Damn, I'd like to see what happened to.

I think it just might be time to bite the bullet and jump to the other side if your looking for straight line performance.
Honestly though, with this kind of thing going on I cannot trust the LS1 claims either.

I am thinking of two words

Co
Bra
Old 12-16-2004, 05:53 PM
Silver4.6
3rd Gear Member

2000GT, when I put in my afm stage 1 cams I only picked up about maybe 10 hp peak, but like i said in another post, at about 5000ish rpms before the cams my car was only making 219hp, after the cams is was making 268! look at your dyno sheet, you can most likely picked up big numbers in other parts of your rpm's. I too was initially mad when i got my cams done, but when I realized how much that top end Hp really help me i was thrilled. MPE matched my dyno up with that of a mach 1 with an intake and magna's, my motor's power range was now just like a 4v motor. if it was safe my rev limiter could have be extended another 500 rpms. trust me, look at your dyno sheet.

By the way MD why havent you pointed this out yet??!
Old 12-16-2004, 06:37 PM
Wings65288
3rd Gear Member

i think he did, or someone else did
ORIGINAL: Silver4.6

2000GT, when I put in my afm stage 1 cams I only picked up about maybe 10 hp peak, but like i said in another post, at about 5000ish rpms before the cams my car was only making 219hp, after the cams is was making 268! look at your dyno sheet, you can most likely picked up big numbers in other parts of your rpm's. I too was initially mad when i got my cams done, but when I realized how much that top end Hp really help me i was thrilled. MPE matched my dyno up with that of a mach 1 with an intake and magna's, my motor's power range was now just like a 4v motor. if it was safe my rev limiter could have be extended another 500 rpms. trust me, look at your dyno sheet.

By the way MD why havent you pointed this out yet??!
Old 12-17-2004, 03:46 AM
neogenic83
3rd Gear Member

what about ur heads aren't u running stock heads with the numbers those cams are running i would think u are chocking those cams. also not to **** in ur eye but about what u said earlier just because ur not making 285or 300 doesn't mean anyone else isn't
Old 12-17-2004, 03:49 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: neogenic83

what about ur heads aren't u running stock heads with the numbers those cams are running i would think u are chocking those cams. also not to **** in ur eye but about what u said earlier just because ur not making 285or 300 doesn't mean anyone else isn't
I am not the one saying that 300 RWHP is not possible. The 2 dyno/mustang shop owners are the ones saying this.

They are also the ones saying that it is not possible to dyno in the 275-285 range with bolt ons only.
Old 12-17-2004, 04:33 AM
fullthrottle
1st Gear Member

JD made a good point, dyno results differ in different weather, humid weather will choke a motor, where on a nice crisp day it will breath better and give you different results. Another thing is altitude, the dyno has to be set for your particular altitude for your state because the air can be either thinner or thicker. I purchased a dynojet PCIII fuel management system for my bike from another state which came with an installed map from that state and I had to have it re-tuned for the state I live in because of the difference in altitude and weather conditions. Post your dyno results so we can see what's up.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:01 AM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

no those are SAE corrected for weather. so it won't matter the outside temp unless your blown since correction factors can't account for the increased boost in cold weather. so, NA cars it doesn't matter since his #'s are corrected.

Quick Reply: Lies? Deception? Cam results are in